Houzz Logo Print
coganlisa

painting pebble dash

LC
hace 5 años
Hi,

Do you have any photos of before this house was painted? I’ve a pebble dash house and am considering painting but my builder said that it might not take and that the stone on the house at the moment is a nice colour.

Thank you.
Exterior Pebbledash Painting · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Splat Decorating Limited
    hace 5 años

Hi Lisa,

This particular property in Petts Wood was already previously painted, we redecorated on that surface but have done plenty of unpainted pebbledashed houses over the years and all with great results.

It probably worth you finding a local professional decorating company that is familiar with carrying out this kind of work.

Unpainted pebbledash either has to have a stabiliser applied (if its powdery / loose at all) or a 'mist coat' in a similar way to painting new plaster.

We usually mask all of the windows first and cover with polythene to protect them.

Then we water down the 1st coat of masonry paint - this acts as a mist coat and is sucked into the pebbledash to seal it, followed by 2 x heavy top coats to achieve a first rate finish.

It uses quite a lot of product when painting for the first time and the first 'mist coat' (or a solvent based stabiliser if the surface is poor) is very important, it prevents it flaking off in patched / breaking down in future.

I'm not sure where you live but do have a look on Checkatrade to find a decent company that know what they are doing and have experience of this.

We also in our 5th year on checkatrade and our website is www.splatdecorating.com.

Kind Regards

Colin Fry

• LC
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you very much for your reply Colin. Very helpful.
  • PRO
    Splat Decorating Limited
    hace 5 años

Sure no problem at all.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.