Houzz Logo Print
shweta_goyal70

How should we decorate our corridor?

Shweta Goyal
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Just wondering what sort of paintings look good on walls? Please suggest.

Comentarios (30)

• me me
    hace 5 años
    Really chose something that you love.
  • PRO
    Bluethumb Online Art Gallery
    hace 5 años

Hi Shweta,

Art is definitely a personal purchase, and there's no right or wrong piece for a wall. We always recommend purchasing something you love.

If you're not sure where to start, have a look at artists who've been bestsellers this year with this curation: https://bluethumb.com.au/curations/bestsellers-of-2018.

If you like a piece, but it's sold or the dimensions are a bit off, many of our artists are happy to create a custom piece for you. Commissions are the perfect way for something truely unique and personal to you.

Cheers,

Megan @ Bluethumb

• Anne Monsour
    hace 5 años
    Hi Shweta , I have bought a few paintings from Blue Thumb .They have all sizes and prices . So many artists to choose from ! Have a look at their website and use the filters .
  • KK1000
    hace 5 años
    Sometimes it’s not what’s on the wall but how it is hang, height and relationship with other things on the wall and how many. Odd number is always better . Pick something you like and frame it carefully , frames can make or break the artwork or a mirror.
  • Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    If I put round canvas, does it look good?
  • PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    hace 5 años

Hi Shweta, we offer one of a kind prints as single statement pieces, a diptych (2 piece artwork collection), a triptych (3 piece artwork collection) and also offer custom designs in your chosen colours. We can also offer a special quote, song lyric or poem, over the top of one of our artworks as a truly special piece. We are proud to offer our artwork in a variety of sizes as Classic Canvases, Professionally Framed Fine Art Prints and Boxed Framed Canvases which we are proud to deliver throughout Australia. We are currently offering 10% off to all Houzzers, for purchases over $150.00 - simply enter code HOUZZ at checkout :).

I am available to discuss your wishes and requirements, what colours you prefer and what feeling/mood you are wanting to achieve and would be happy to provide a digital proof prior to purchase so you can see how your chosen artwork would look in your life :)

Our single statement pieces are sized from 12 inches (30cm's) x 21 inches (53cm's) to 33 inches (84cm's) x 59 inches (150cm's) and of course are happy to provide an artwork in a custom size that suits you and your world best :).

We welcome the opportunity to assist you at our online boutique at www.thewildheartcollective.com or feel free to email me at nik@thewildheartcollective.com - we would love for a part of our wild heart, to find a home with you :) Warmest regards, Nik

Collections · Más información

• Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Everyone for the wonderful suggestions..
  • Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Everyone for the wonderful suggestions..
  • Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Everyone for the wonderful suggestions..I really appreciate.
  • lydia1144
    hace 5 años

The problem with these halls is you walk past without really stopping to look at the art, yet it is good hanging space. It doesn't have to be paintings, could be a gallery of family photos, or 3-d pieces (lots of ideas in houzz tours). I have hung artwork opposite the doorway from a room to ensure it's seen in the past.

• Nivannii Rose
    hace 5 años
    I like a gallery on long walls. I also love wallpaper that looks like you can step into it, expanding the space or creating a tropical feel.
  • Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

Things you love, but if you're not rich, get a range of prints, and frame them in similar/matching frames Or just those clip ones. Then look at them all and choose a common colour then paint the corridor/hall that colour. We have a small hall and dining room in light terracotta, which ties in a variety of paintings, from a huge brass rubbing, through several landscapes, an etching and an Aboriginal place painting.

• Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hi Jennifer, can you please share the pictures if you don’t mind. Thanks
    I love the idea.
  • Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

This is not a brilliant photo and it's impossible to get it all in, but it gives a flavour.

I would if I could. Tried to copy and paste a photo but failed. Any suggestions of how to do it welcome. I use an actual camera and the photo app on my MacAir. I can paste to FB easily but this doesn't seem to work at all!

• Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Where you are typing message below there is a camera button click on to and send
  • Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

Thanks. I tried that - but it won't pick up any of the photos in the app. Only the ones on the desktop. I'll try moving it there and see what happens!

• Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

I326xCBaSvqPgN5pjKbLeA_thumb_eba.jpg - that's what happened this time ...

• Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    You can inbox me but I don’t know how to inbox.
  • Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

• Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

Don't know what I did but there it is!!!

• Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    That’s so beautiful.. beautiful colour.. thanks Jennifer..
    I will definitely choose good paintings and colours
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions. I really appreciate
  • Jennifer Bradley
    hace 5 años

I could add that you can get a range of black and white pictures/prints/maps/whatever - then use a mat frame in a colour you love and a tone or variation on that for walls.

• PRO
    Daniel Lindahl Architecture
    hace 5 años

Shweta, bear in mind that in a narrow hallway people will not be able to stand back and take in a large painting. A series of smaller ones that can be viewed at close range, maybe even telling an interesting story as you go along the hallway would work well. They should be mounted so the centres of the paintings are all at average standing eye level, say 1.6m. Another good device is to cover the opposite wall with mirror panels. This will make the hallway feel much more spacious, as well as giving the option of a longer viewing distance (1½ times the hallway width) by looking at the reflections of the artwork instead of the actual pieces.

• User
    hace 5 años

How are you going with your project, Shweta?

We have a similar problem; a long entrance and a big blank wall.

- One or two prints would get lost.

- A large one would be disproportionate, and

there’d still be lots of empty space.

- A gallery could get expensive.

- We don’t want family photos.

To decorate the whole area, I‘m going to give faux wainscoting a go. I can no longer find the inspirational photo I’m basing it on, but these may give you an idea.

I‘ll include a narrow hall table, a plant or two, and the print and mirrors I’ve had custom framed, like this:

eg:

Or if you don’t want the faux wainscoting (frames), something like this may break up the emptiness.

Good luck with your project. :-)

• PRO
    Hampshire Design
    hace 5 años

I love the simplicity and majesty of this horse photo in one of my projects with a potentially "boring" hallway. It's way oversized for the wall, but it's dramatic and it works

• julie herbert
    hace 5 años
    That is stunning Hampshire Design, love oversized Art, just perfect.
  • Shweta Goyal
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    That’s awesome..
  • D. H.
    hace 5 años
    I can imagine a nice SUPER big colourful RUG on that WALL,
    or a wall of stressed MIRROR TILES.
    On maybe three panels so you could always take it with you.
  • Anupama Rao
    hace 5 años
    Something like this as it’s a narrow space
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.