Houzz Logo Print
gigliokansas

best backslash with niche design

gigliokansas
hace 5 años

We are installing Macaubas Fantasy quartzite on our island and venation quartz on the perimeter. What material and design should we use behind the 48 inch oven range (we would like a niche) and on the walls behind the perimeter quartz?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 5 años

I think you'll find that most of us are team no stove accent on this site. Let the beautiful quartzite be the star. Go for a simple backsplash with no accent. Accent niches only really work in vast tuscan style kitchens IMO

• M Miller
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

IMHO niches behind a range become one more thing to clean. And not that easily. What will you put in that niche? Oils and spices will be negatively affected by constant exposure to heat. Their bottles will get splattered from cooking. That means you will have to reach across your range and wipe down each bottle, utensil or tchotchke you have in the niche, plus all the surfaces inside the niche. I’d rather have a flat backsplash that I can wipe down in 20 seconds. Also, to access the items in the niche while you are cooking means reaching across boiling hot pots and pans to get to them.

As to what kind of backsplash will go with your counter materials - there are a thousand choices. Colors, styles, shapes, sizes. It would be best for you to show us pics of backsplashes that appeal to you, along with pics of your counters and cabinets, and we can chime in on whether they’ll look OK.

gigliokansas agradeció a M Miller
  • PRO
    tsida
    hace 5 años

There are many options you can choose from. To help me understand the design dilemma, feel free to forward me a pics.

• gigliokansas
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

This is what was recommended. The venatino quartz is the niche. White brick walls surround the Venatino quartz niche and venatino is used for the perimeter countertops. The hood seems very large and too heavy to me, but will be painted white to ensure the Macaubas Fantasy island countertop is the star. Thoughts?

We are using an existing hood that's 48 inches. Should we buy a hood insert to get the size of the hood down to 50 inches? It's another $1k. Also would you use brass lantern pendant lights or polished nickel? The plumbing fixtures are polished nickel.

Thanks to all for your help.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.