Houzz Logo Print
britta_morris

Bronze Windows- help me pick the trim color!

Britta Morris
hace 5 años

I am having a hard time deciding how to paint our trim. This is a new construction house and we went with the Marvin wood Ultrex Windows with the bronze exterior. We are selecting paint color and I am leaning towards painting the trim bronze to match the Windows. The roof is a dark bronze metal roof. Thoughts? Thank you so much for your help!

Here are the Windows-

Here is the house

Comentarios (13)

• millworkman
    hace 5 años

Wkat type of siding are you using? What color will the siding be?

Britta Morris agradeció a millworkman
  • PRO
    tsida
    hace 5 años

Yes, bronze could work, if it makes sense with what is going on inside, or the interior.

Britta Morris agradeció a tsida
  • PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I'd opt for bronze on the trim to match the windows... although the siding color and any other colors used could present additional possibilities. Not sure that I'd worry about how interior finishes would affect exterior window trim.

I'd also mention that in the photos the flashing tape is not applied following best practices. The top should be under the wrb/housewrap, and lower should be under the lower nailing fin. I don't like criticizing work in progress as it may yet be addressed, however you should be made aware of that. Flashing tape over the housewrap at the head is one of the most common errors seen in the last 20 years and is responsible for many window and door opening leaks.

Britta Morris agradeció a HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
  • Britta Morris
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you all- I will talk to the contractor tomorrow about the Flashing tape. The siding will be cement boards. Color will be a medium toned neutral-something like this -SW keystone gray.

Here is the stone that will cover the porch, foundation, and fireplace on the back porch.

The top color is the roof color. The middle color is close to the window color but we will get an exact match if we go that route for trim. The two on the sides are some we are considering. i think any of the colors below would work with the stone, bronze Windows and trim, and dark bronze roof. The roof color is above the row of samples in the middle- it looks almost black here, but it is not that dark. Thoughts? I really appreciate your help. Millworkman I followed your advice on the choice of Windows for this project and want to thank you for the advice- we love them.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    hace 5 años
    BLUE - whatever goes with your final decision! Love the stone colors.
    Britta Morris agradeció a ShadyWillowFarm
  • Britta Morris
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Here is a better photo of the samples-

• millworkman
    hace 5 años

I would match the window color and go Bronze were it me. I don't personally think your home and exterior facade choice lend to different trim color than windows. Just my opinion but.......Also thank you for responding back, I try to give good advice and do enjoy postive feedback. They look good and I will be very interested to see the final product. Good luck and enjoy them.

Britta Morris agradeció a millworkman
  • User
    hace 3 años

I’m also trying to match bronze windows. If you decided to go that route, what paint color did you use?

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    hace 3 años

Pretty sure...that its painted by now.

• Emily Dollerschell
    hace 3 años

Please post photos of what you chose as we are going with exterior bronze and hoping to match trim to windows. There are several houses in our area that went with a dark grey siding and they kinda look like haunted houses now.

• Lisa
    hace 3 años

Kelly Moore Wild Truffle is a good match for bronze windows

• PRO
    Altair
    hace 3 años

I like option #2

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.