Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

Prep & main sink different materials?

Becky
hace 5 años

I have a large, under-mount prep sink in the island and an apron front sink on the perimeter. Should they both be the same material or can I mix a SS under-mount with a cast iron apron sink? I was going to mix them, but the sales rep made a point of telling me they wouldn't match. If they were both undermount sinks I wouldn't even consider different materials. I just thought a cast iron apron sink would go well with the farmhouse look. They are both similar in size if that sways your opinion. The prep sink is 28" and apron front is 33".

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Overland Remodeling & Builders
    hace 5 años

apron front and under-mount Stainless steel are two different styles. apron front/farmhouse sinks are on the traditional side and Stainless steel sinks are on the modern side. If you're looking for the traditional look go with apron front or under mount cast iron sink for both.

Becky agradeció a Overland Remodeling & Builders
  • salex
    hace 5 años

I'm going to go with function over form on this. I have a stainless steel undermount prep sink and a black composite undermount cleanup sink - both single basin - on opposite ends of my kitchen. If anyone has thought the combo looked bad, they at least had the decency to keep it to themselves. I prefer those respective materials based on how I use and clean them.

To me, this question seems similar to the question about whether all your appliances come from the same manufacturer. Some will say absolutely yes, and others (including me) will say get the best of each specific item that meets your needs.

Becky agradeció a salex
  • Fori
    hace 5 años

The undermount prep sink will be essentially invisible. It doesn't count. You don't need to match these at all. The apron front sink is your "show sink". This is where all the style goes.

Becky agradeció a Fori
  • wilson853
    hace 5 años

Here's a recent thread on the same question.

do-you-match-the-sinks-in-the-kitchen

Becky agradeció a wilson853
  • Becky
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

The undermount prep sink will be essentially invisible. It doesn't count. You don't need to match these at all. The apron front sink is your "show sink". This is where all the style goes.

Fori, this is what I thought, too. It hadn't even crossed my mind that I shouldn't do it until the sales rep sent emails reminding me they wouldn't match. After he said that I realized I've never seen photos with mismatched sinks and worried I was overlooking something.

Wilson, thank you for the link. That didn't pull up in my search.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.