Houzz Logo Print
newproject858

Is Cambria worth it?

newproject858
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Is Cambria worth of investment? Or other brands like Ceaserstone, Silestone or Hanstone are just fine?

Has anyone gotten Cambria through Costco?

Comentarios (18)

• zmith
    hace 5 años

New countertops are not an "investment." It might seem that way, considering how much the e-stone costs, but it's actually an expense. Only you can decide if the premium e-stone is worth the price. I used Silestone in my bathroom. I paid a premium price, because nothing else gave me the look I wanted. That was over 5 years ago, tho. These days there are so many look-a-likes on the market. Is there a particular Cambria pattern that you like? Perhaps there is a lower cost option that will give you the look you desire.

• newproject858
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I was asking if Cambria is better than other brands, in terms of durability and longevity. I am looking for something white with gray veins, something like Cambria Brittanicca.

• zmith
    hace 5 años

All the big names you mentioned use the same Breton technology to manufacture their stones. Have you done a search for past discussions?

• K R
    hace 5 años
    It’s made in America so you don’t have to worry that it’s “Chinese Crapola” as Sophie would say. That’s one of the main reasons we got it for our kitchen. Plus I liked the patterns.
  • Margaret Keckler
    hace 5 años

I just did my kitchen in Cambria Ella and my bathroom in MSI. I couldn't see any difference in process; cost was the main difference. They both look awesome; but Cambria didn't have the look that the MSI had and other mfgs didn't have the look of Ella so it was a style choice mainly.

• jck910
    hace 5 años

Love my cambria in kitchen and bath

• newproject858
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@Margaret, how different was the cost b/w Cambria and MSI?

• Mrs. Gopher #BringBackSophie
    hace 5 años

Cambria is consistent with their pricing in my shop. All their colors are 1 of 2 price points.

It is generally the same as every other company out there.

They do have a lifetime warranty which is nice...

• smileythecat
    hace 5 años

I have a cambria countertop [Berwyn] and Its been fantastic, bullet proof, don't know about MSI

• PRO
    Precision-Tops, LLC
    hace 5 años

@newproject858 Try Vicostone Arabescato.

https://vicostone.com/en/quartz-stone/BQ8912

newproject858 agradeció a Precision-Tops, LLC
  • Margaret Keckler
    hace 5 años

@newproject858. The MSI was $85 a square foot and it was only for s 72" vanity. It was the color, mainly... and now I can't remember the name- bright white with little mirror sparklies. Cambria had something similar, but with waaaaay to many sparklies, and color was too gray. Our kitchen had much more surface, plus a 7' island with waterfall edges and a 15" overhang for seating (we are tall, wanted additional knee space). The island alone was the price of a small car! I would never have gone with the Cambria because of our budget, I would have found a 2nd choice, BUT Costco has Cambria as their quartz so it brought the price down considerably and was just a bit more than MSI and Pental. Ultimately came in at about $100 sq ft.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    hace 5 años

I am a fabricator. All the brands made on Breton machinery have essentially the same material properties. I tell my customers to pick the look they like. Cambria continues to spend vast amounts on marketing in an attempt to prop up their premium pricing strategy. Today, in a far more competitive market, there is no reason to pay a substantial premium for a given brand unless it's for a color that is uniquely suited to your project.

• newproject858
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @margaret, I thought MSI was the cheapest and your pricing came out to be in the same range as Ceaserstone! Was your Costco pricing $100/sf after their 10% gift card deal?
  • newproject858
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @oldryder, they say non-cambria contains less quartz and more fillers and they aren’t made in the US. Despite of those, would you still say the quality is still similar?
  • Mrs. Gopher #BringBackSophie
    hace 5 años

all quartz brands and even colors within the brands will range from 7% - 10% + resin

• suzanne_sl
    hace 5 años

One thing that has been brought up here in the past is complaints about "resin blobs" in Cambria slabs, and that Cambria doesn't consider such blobs to be defects. If you really love the Cambria color/pattern, try to convince your fabricator that you need to see the uncut slab for approval before moving ahead. There are other comments, but here are 2. Great estone, but just beware.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/4550997/cambria-devon-splotchiness-resin-pooling

https://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2688529/need-advice-badly-what-should-i-do-about-my-countertop

• Ana
    hace 5 años

I’m late to this but...Suzanne is right. I recently had Cambria Britannica installed in my kitchen. It has numerous white resin deposits. A Cambria tech was sent out to repair them but couldn’t do anything and told me it took Cambria a long time to realize that the deposits can’t be fixed. We saw the slab before installation but didn’t notice that issue at the time. The deposits do not diminish the overall look but do look like “defects” to me.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.