Houzz Logo Print
skim_02

Need design help now: Lighting a Large Living Room

Kim T
hace 5 años

I'm a little late to post this, but our electrician is starting rough-in this week, and we need to finalize lighting decisions for our large living room. The room will be 23'x18', with essentially two functional areas. We live in a hot climate. Would appreciate advice on what type of lighting to use (ceiling fans? chandeliers? those g-forsaken recessed lights? sconces?). Also, we're struggling with not knowing exactly where we will place furniture and how to know where to place the overhead fixtures and outlets. THANKS truly appreciate any advice.

Comentarios (7)

• otterplay
    hace 5 años
    How do you feel about track lighting? (If only I could swap out my can lights for that.) Separate switches for your functional areas. Dimmers, of course. Far enough from walls to illuminate art, or to direct onto a game table. Perhaps a fan (maybe without attached light) for the more frequently used area.
    Kim T agradeció a otterplay
  • Kim T
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

We do have a lot of natural light coming in. My husband, an engineer, is doing calculations and is arriving at the conclusion that we need about enough lights to help a plane land at night. How much is really "enough" for a space this big? Also, how do you mix varying ceiling fixtures in one big space?

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 5 años

Using LED bulbs is great to avoid over heat from the lighting along with the benefits of saving on electricity and you don't have to change the bulbs often.

For a large great room it would be great to have a center piece that will make a statement in the space.

In Galilee lighting we make unique lighting in any length.

Our lighting are made of hand blown glass and fused glass. Our pendants lighting make a statement with their unique styles, and each model is available in different sizes and can be designed in any length.

I invite you to visit www.GalileeLighting.com

To receive our catalog by email, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com

Call us today 305-807-8711

We deliver worldwide.

White candles chandelier - by Galilee Lighting - Two story living room chandelie · Más información

ART GLASS CHANDELIER by GALILEE LIGHTING · Más información

TUSCANY |CONTEMPORARY LARGE DINING CHNADELIER by GALILEE LIGHTING · Más información

MODERN TWO STORY LIVING ROOM CHANDELIER · Más información

• suzyq53
    hace 5 años

I'd say the dreaded can lights evenly spaced in a grid on dimmer switches. How many depends on what size you use. About three feet apart.

Kim T agradeció a suzyq53
  • PRO
    Cutting Edge Innovative
    hace 5 años

Nice touch!

• Kim T
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks to everyone for your advice! I can come back and update with photos when it's done, but we decided on:

- 4 (dreaded) can lights in each corner of the room.

- 2 ceiling fans with lights (white, to blend into ceiling)

- 2 wall sconces in between French doors on exterior wall

- 1 ceiling flush mount at the base of the stairs

- and Lamps! For that truly beautiful, conversation-starting, appropriate-for-evening soft light.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.