Houzz Logo Print
lesleymacniven

how to hide a stair bulkhead

Lesley
hace 5 años

hi. I am looking for ideas to cover a stair bulkhead in what will be a nursery. the property is rented so we are limited to what we can do but some minor changes will not be objected to by the landlord. I have posted an example I found online, however ours matches the laminate flooring. It was more just the awkward shape.

Comentarios (10)

• Ellie
    hace 5 años
    My friend built a single bed frame over the one in his spare room
  • Daisy England
    hace 5 años
    I remember as a child my dad building a wardrobe over mine and then attaching my bed to the front of the bulk head.
  • Lesley
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    we actually got the bulit in furniture dismantled before we moved in as it was so restrictive, but hadn't realised it was disguising a bulkhead. we are us g the room as a nursery for our baby due in December.
  • Ellie
    hace 5 años
    Remember baby changing units are really only used a few months, so don't think it is worth going to hassle of making one when a mat on the floor does perfectly.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 5 años

I built this multi purpose baby changing / clothes storage unit for my daughter. The bulk head was larger than yours. It was built in mind with being able to amend it to a 'cabin bed' at a later date:-

It's longer than it looks in the photos and will take a standard Toddler bed mattress

• PRO
    George Quinn
    hace 5 años

What about a baby changing area that can be easily converted to junior bed. Include some clever storage underneath.

• Usuario de Houzz-871485639
    el último mes

Hi George, i'm looking to get this built in my 3rd bedroom, can you possibly tell me where you got the wood panels from because i want exactly the same regards Lee

• Daisy England
    el último mes

In case George misses the post I would say the wood panels are cut and edged board. It’s known as MFC and available in huge sheets and then cut to size and edged on an edgebander machine. There are thousands of MFC colour choices and available from different suppliers such as Egger or Kronospan. A local carpenter or joiner should he possess an edgebander machine should be able to help.

• Usuario de Houzz-871485639
    hace 18 días

Thank you Daisy, it's really appreciated.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.