Houzz Logo Print
inafog

One story house with a skylight in the bathroom shower ceiling.

inafog
hace 5 años

We had a peeping tom on the roof a few years ago and installed a venetian blind. We remodeled the bathroom and I thought I would use opaque film on it. However, the skylight is concave and would require many seams. Any alternate suggestions?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Solar Texas
    hace 5 años
    Speak with a local skylight company. Acrylic done/scan be replaced with translucent domes.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 5 años

not sure this will work but there is spray on glass frost at craft stores

• Nancy in Mich
    hace 5 años

Grease the roof? No, I would try what Solar Texas said. Call a local skylight company and ask if the dome can be replaced.

• inafog
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks to all of you.

• Mrs Pete
    hace 5 años

We had a peeping tom on the roof a few years ago

Story, please. Sounds interesting.

Grease the roof?

Hey, you're joking, but I have a similar story from my classroom: A couple years ago I had a handful of senior boys who thought it was hilarious -- in the last class of the day -- to rush to the door, stand in line, and jump up to grab the door frame and each do a dozen pull ups while exiting the classroom. The group'd enthusiastically count as each one completed his exercise, then they'd run down the hall hooting and hollering. Of course, their little game each day "trapped" 20 or so other students in the room while they played ... and some of those students were hurrying to catch the bus.

I talked to them and told them to quit -- nope. I wrote them up -- nope. They continued their little game. They knew they were being jerks, but they didn't care.

Here's how I fixed it: I brought a tub of Vaseline from home and liberally greased the top of the door jam. The end of the day arrived, and the first boy in line jumped up ... and quickly fell on his butt. That was the end of that game, and everyone else in the class was thrilled.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.