Houzz Logo Print
msmith137

9 foot ceilings, 7 foot doors, 6 foot windows. I NEED PICTURES! HELP

msmith137
hace 5 años
We are getting ready to have our plans drawn up for our home build and we want 9 foot ceilings throughout! I’m thinking that 7 foot doors will look really good and will give the room for tall windows. I’m going for the old farmhouse look. I was thinking of having 6 foot tall windows at the same height as the door. I need photos of other homes that are like this! I’m panicked and I want to see that it looks good before I pull the trigger! Help! Thanks all!

Comentarios (7)

• greg_ny61
    hace 5 años

This is to give you an idea how it will look.

Keep in mind if you use a 6' window @ same level as the door, you will be 12" from the floor. If the bottom of glazing is less than 18" it will be considered to be hazardous location so you will need tempered glass, etc. I'm sure your architect will point that out to you.

• msmith137
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Greg_ny61 THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have no idea how much you have eased my mind! I so appreciate your input!
  • PRO
    Martina Collom Design
    hace 5 años

We have the 9' ceilings and 7' doors with 6' tall windows (18" from floor to avoid safety glass) and they look fantastic! The exterior doors are 8' tall. Do it! We did install 6'8" door upstairs to save cost and the height of upstairs rooms is 8'4" to save cost as well - although we did our master with a small vault. We figured our tall friends wouldn't go up there as much ;).

• msmith137
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Martina Collom Design oh that’s such a relief! Would you mind posting a photo of your home from the inside? I started second guessing it all this morning! I can’t decide if I want to do 6’ windows or 5.75’ windows! So many decisions. We are planning for all of our doors to be 7’, that’s why I might be leaning towards the 5.75’ doors. Because if we do 6’ windows and 7’ doors, our windows are only 1’ off the ground. I think that it may look a little funky. Idk. I’m not too worried about the added cost of safety glass. We are building a small house and so it only adds about $400 to the overall build cost.
  • Lisa Madero
    hace 5 años

Suser123, What header height did you set your windows at?

• Lisa Madero
    hace 5 años

Also, can you tell me how wide your windows are? It looks great!,

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.