Houzz Logo Print
debbiefox86

Rug for lounge & what to do with ceiling lights

debbiefox86
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

New build house, contemporary and minimalistic, looking for a rug fore the lounge and don't know if patterned or plain is best and what colour? Had to take curtains down for now as the pole had come away from the wall - problem with new build plaster walls and heavy curtains :( Also looking for ideas for the ceiling lights, we have corner spots and never use the ceiling lights so don't know if we should take them out or put up feature shades? Ideas for rugs and lights would be welcome :)

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Rukmini Patel Interior Design
    hace 5 años

Hi there - Definitely agree that you need a rug to tie it altogether, good thing is you have chosen an accent colour, Teal. I would suggest to add a bit of colour to your rug and some pattern to stop it from looking too same-y if you went with a beige rug. Here are a few suggestions I think will work well with the minimalist look:

Top of the list, this gorgeous Teal rug from John Lewis is a steal! would look stunning in your living room and will tie in with the armchair and cushions

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-wellington-rug-l300-x-w200cm/teal/p3321661

If its too bold then, a lighter shade of blue could work too. This one has got darker elements of blue it just depends on how the rug is brushed. https://www.heals.com/reuna-aqua-rug-170-x-240cm.html?tfrid=-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTFRIDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-

Really like this one for your living room, it could be a winner! It will work really well with the creams and neutrals in your existing colour scheme, as it gradually goes into the blues, it also has a lovely geometric pattern which goes well with your minimalistic theme:

https://www.heals.com/acacia-rug-blue.html?tfrid=e2f6b7fa-deae-4f62-bf14-53fd98e6ffe9

I hope this helps! Will look for some lights for you :)

• debbiefox86
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you so much. Really like the Heals Acacia rug as don't think I'm brave enough for the Teal JL one. Really like the Made lights in Nickel too... Thank you :)

• debbiefox86
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

One other question, size wise do I go for one that will sit just in-front of the sofa and tv stand or the larger one which would sit just under both pieces... just worried that the bigger one will be too long. Glass table is 120cm long, would the 300cm length be too long?

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Hi Debbie - you're very welcome! Good choice on the Acacia rug - I think its the best one and will look great along with the lights! Your living room is going to look really chic and luxurious! Would love to see the final outcome! Rukmini :)

• PRO
    hace 5 años

I would say go for a size where the rug will fit atleast 2-3 inches under your sofa. I wouldn't go all the way to the TV unit as it could look too big for the room. The idea is to create a zonal space with the rug.

The best thing to do is get a measuring tape and measure it out in your living room. Also if you have any masking tape use that to mark out the outline, failing that newspapers is always a good one to use or a some A4 sheets lined up.

I think the 200x300 might be enough but you should check properly as I'm just going off the pictures which can be deceptive! Let me know what you decide to go with!

• PRO
    Darklight Design Ltd
    hace 5 años

Hi Debbie

Your room is looking great and you have a trendy colour blend there. Re the lighting, I would actually stick with the side lamps and the downlighters as this is not task room after all. So if anything I would consider an extra downlight to centre onto the coffee table with a narrow beam of light which will be great effect. See the image below for an example of how effective this could be .

I hope this helps but good luck with your project.

• PRO
    Litecraft
    hace 5 años

Hi Debbie, how are you getting on with the lights for this room? We'd love to help?

Ashley at Litecraft

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.