Houzz Logo Print
webuser_619426

Need gender neutral colour scheme for spare bedroom

Redecorating bedroom as a guest room. It needs to appeal to both male and female.

Carpet is beige and walls are cream.

The window is very wide so had to have curtains made. They are still in good condition so will not be replacing these. They are plain navy.

Want the room to feel more inviting as it's very stark at moment,

Thinking textured throw on bed, a few pictures on walls, bedside tables and lamps and papering wall behind bed.

I'm completely at a loss at to what colour(s) to go for, that will go with the navy, but will add some warmth to the room.

Comentarios (11)

• minnie101
    hace 5 años

Hi, are you able to post photos as it will help people?

• PRO
    Female Decorator Warrington
    hace 5 años

How about pink - all the trend right now. Or a mustard yellow? x

• E D
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Is there irony in the fact the 'Female Decorator' suggests pink for a 'gender neutral colour scheme'? :)

• PRO
    Female Decorator Warrington
    hace 5 años

Suggests 'pink' to go with 'BLUE' for a gender neutral colour scheme you mean. I thought the pink would balance with the Navy Blue mentioned in the original post.

• Jonathan
    hace 5 años
    It sounds to me that the room needs some pattern and the wallpaper idea will sort that. If you are trying to avoid florals there are lots of geometric or retro patterns you could consider.
    You then likely need an additional accent colour and the earlier comment is right that pink goes very well with navy- but so do most other colours- in my opinion the navy is such a strong choice the accent should perhaps be a softer pastel colour but teal, white, coral, and brassy golds also contrast.
  • Tani H-S
    hace 5 años
    He he @minnipie that’s so funny
  • Tani H-S
    hace 5 años
    I personally like more masculine bedrooms as I like the darker soothing colours.

Warm greys, deep blues, metallics, mustard colours and geometries if you want pattern but nothing too feminine all seem to work.

Also love a bit of grey tartan
  • Juliet Docherty
    hace 5 años

I think you need to post some photos.

• kikiamack
    hace 5 años
    I think mixing textures and different scales of patterns in shades of blue and neutrals will look lovely and relaxing. This picture has a navy wall, but it could just as easily work with navy curtains. I’m not sure you’d need a feature wallpaper with this look. If you click into the photo for more info, there are other views of the same room, and you can see they have added some pink / pale coral accents.
    Elegant Master Retreat · Más información
  • PRO
    User
    hace 5 años

Good base to start from. We would suggest pick up on the navy and paint perhaps wall behind bed navy. Bed linen in navy and perhaps some yellow/mustard cushions and accessories for a touch of brightness and warmth. Lighting is key to making a room cosy a good side bedlamp always good.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.