Houzz Logo Print
mlgiffin

artwork arrangement

Marilou Giffin
hace 5 años
Just got a new tv console & hung the tv. Just hung existing framed artwork but I feel that something is missing. Suggestions wanted.

Comentarios (14)

• leelee
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I don't like those prints on each side of the TV.

You don't need two lights on the console either. NO decor is needed for the console.

What are you other walls like?

The framed prints, while nice, need to find another wall.

More pics of the 4 sides of the room.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

have to agree w/leelee. the prints seem forced. too much stuff on the console.

• groveraxle
    hace 5 años

There's too much little stuff and the wall is too symmetrical. It has no movement or interest. Let me try to rearrange a bit.

• Marilou Giffin
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Here’s other angles of the room. Open concept to the kitchen. I removed all but the lamp.
  • groveraxle
    hace 5 años

Try this instead.

• Marilou Giffin
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Like your suggestions but can’t move console down to put tv to left side. I like the floor lamp because that end of room needs light.
  • PRO
    Chris Zec Photography
    hace 5 años
    I think the art and arrangement is fine, especially when seen in the later pictures. It’s a long wall and they work. Maybe you just need to give yourself time to get used to it?
  • leelee
    hace 5 años

I have never understood the need for a lamp or a light fixture next to the TV.

• groveraxle
    hace 5 años

Marilou, I didn't move your console; I moved your TV.

• Irene Morresey
    hace 5 años
    Some ideas perhaps
  • tatts
    hace 5 años

I dislike the monotonous symmetry in most of those Sanus layouts. But one thing to notice it that most of them play off the lines/edges of the TV. Yours don't do that; they are barely--but very noticeably--a bit higher than the TV, as though you were trying to pretend the TV doesn't exist. Extend the lines of the TV. Use it as an anchor. And drop the symmetry.

• Marilou Giffin
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    How did you edit my photo? Moving tv and framed art?
  • PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    hace 5 años

We think removing the artwork and blue ottoman and replacing the blue ottoman with a plant that doesn't need much work will help a lot.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.