Houzz Logo Print
webuser_7694904212302348653576586

Desperately seeking help!

B L
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

We recently had our home painted and for whatever reason, I was really drawn to a very light pink for my almost 2 year old daughter's room. Well...it's MUCH pinker than anticipated and I'm at a loss for how to decorate it. Her room was gray before so adding in pops of color was easy. I'm totally open to removable wall paper for an accent wall or any ideas you may have. I'm clueless!

Comentarios (20)

• B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

That's really interesting! I never considered it looked a different color because of the carpet. How do you feel about having an area rug on top of an already existing carpet? My husband is not a fan but I don't mind it. I'm struggling with finding the right art. Thank you for your response!

• aprilneverends
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I feel fine about it as long as it's not tripping hazard and more or less easy to clean))

here I found a couple for you..not perfect since looked in a hurry. but just to give an idea how one can get his colors gathered in one pattern

golds, grays, pinks. pinks are a bit too warm probably. I'm posting anyway to see both your room and rug together

here you have lavender pink, and a bit of gold..again, not perfect, but you get the idea

as for the art..oh it's fun. Look at a lot. chances are you'll fall in love with some. No need to hurry. No need to go with overly childish. Kids at this age-everything is interesting to them. Everything is a story. Just make sure is not a potentially scary subject for your girl. Another side of a highly impressionable mind at this age-you can't fully predict what story your kid will see.

You can show her a pic of it..to see her initial reaction. I guess.

I recommend to comb through Etsy..usually great choice, good price, personal..communication and shipping are, in 99%, top-notch-sellers heavily depend on the feedback

B L agradeció a aprilneverends
  • B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you SO much! I really appreciate your help!

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    hace 5 años

The circle photo above walls painted in two tone pink stripes would be fun. Floor lamp next to chair for reading, dark fuschia pillow or blanket for contrast and rug for texture and color. Artwork or shelves and roman shade in fabric to complete the look.

B L agradeció a Jodie White Designs
  • B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Beautiful!! Thank you!

• sheloveslayouts
    hace 5 años

Great advice from aprilneverends. The right area rug will bring it all together.

• aprilneverends
    hace 5 años

ok..having a blast here(thank you for this thread! such fun)..I didn't go on Etsy since I'd get stuck there for hours but couple prints from other sites

a house! a car! flowers! rain! a lady going shopping! a snail! even I can look at it for ten minutes lol

(and you have your colors inside-or versions f them-and much more)

and the frame brings a bit of yellow beige..it being light wood

flowers. you have your pinks, grays, gold. and you have a bunch of flowers to look at-far from boring, well at least to me

or you can find a map too-they make some beautiful ones. I knew geography much better when I was about your daughter's age, than now)) Then, I could look at the map we had for hours. Knew states, capitals, what not. Ask me now-I won't remember half.

a lamp..fun..and you borrow gold from your carpet..

well I'm shutting up for now..but you get the idea..look at your existing colors and translate them onto different things..which can be both lovely and useful and inspiring

B L agradeció a aprilneverends
  • Jackie
    hace 5 años
    Use wallpaper to accent one wall.
  • houssaon
    hace 5 años

I think once you put up curtains and art the room will feel better. I like the rug. In fact pink and camel is one of my favorite combinations. I love the color of your walls.

• B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

This is amazing! I absolutely love those pictures that were picked out! and that lamp?! So cute!!

• B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you all again for making me feel better about the color!

• aprilneverends
    hace 5 años

thank you for the fun thread:) enjoy putting the room together..good times!

• B L
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you for all of your help - this was wonderful!

• juliette hunger
    hace 5 años

i also find it really nice in pink. you can play with some accessories such as carpet or pilows.. find some ideas here if you want https://designhunger.co/blog/pastel-kid-selection. But don t worry it s beautiful

• PRO
    Chris Zec Photography
    hace 5 años

The pink is pretty! Lavender and navy complement well with it also. Lots of great suggestions above!

Seascapes · Más información

• J J
    hace 5 años
    Lovely pink walls..how cute it will be with interesting art.
  • Susan Davis
    hace 5 años

Rip up the carpet and put down vinyl plank flooring which comes in amazing colors and add a knock out area rug and design from there...why not black or grey or turquoise accent colors.....add crown molding and paint it a fun color.....

Some inspiration pics to get the juices flowing!

Grey

Daughter's Bedroom 19 x 14 · Más información

Brass

The Rosedale Model Home · Más información

Turquoise my favorite for a little girl....fun fun fun
    Hampton Home by Copperleaf Homes · Más información

Black; note painted flooring and wow rug

• havingfun
    hace 5 años

Lstin. tospoonflower we must go. look at the fairytales, here are just a few, hang them up as prints, make piilows, wallpaper. ideas are endless.

fairyrevel fabric - craftyscientists - Spoonflower · Más información

Blondine and the Tortoise fabric - craftyscientists - Spoonflower · Más información

Fabric – Shop for Fabric By Independent Designers – Spoonflower · Más información
    just a few of the millions of cute ideas.

• User
    hace 5 años

What a fabulous room your daughter will have! I am a little jealous :-)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.