Houzz Logo Print
falisha_meeks

Paint Color Choice/ Window Treatment

Reina Marvel
hace 5 años
This additional space was an upgrade designed to be a sunroom, however, I've somewhat turned it into a sitting room. I would like to add an accent color to the wall but I'm uncertain as to what color compliments the room best. Please help me decide on paint color and window treatment.

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    Kitchen & Bath Galleria
    hace 5 años

Are you looking to do a tonal accent or a different color all together?

• Reina Marvel
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Probably tonal.
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    hace 5 años

To begin with, I'm afraid the rug is too small and also the color and pattern don't seem to work well. You might want to address that first because the present one doesn't do your room any favors. Choose a warm color that ties in more with the dining room chairs, and make sure it covers most of the floor in the room except for a border of 1 to 1 1/2 feet. An accent wall would not be a good idea in such a small space and would serve no purpose.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 5 años

I agree with @Ingrid.

• PRO
    The Online Color Consultant
    hace 5 años

Hi Falisha!

Whenever I choose paint colors for my clients I like a starting point with either a fixed element or a furnished element in the room. Since your existing grey walls have a slight green undertone, an earth tone would probably compliment it best. A dark green, similar to the one on the leaf in the wall art you have hanging up, would be beautiful. If you were to do so, I would replace the rug with a warm green or a creamy white with some green in it. It's best to have relation in the space. It will also work well with the chairs in the adjacent room as well. A perfect green would be Benjamin Moore's Dark Olive 2140-30.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

-Alisa

• PRO
    Kitchen & Bath Galleria
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

What color are those chairs in your dining room? It looks like the lighting might be making them look warmer than they are. The dishes, artwork and pillows tie the rug into other accents in the room. And as Alisa said above, it looks like the current color on the wall looks like it has a green hue. So maybe something like Summit Gray would work.

• Reina Marvel
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I really love the two rugs! Not sure where I would find it.The walls are grey. I can't remember which shade.
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 5 años
    The rugs were just for inspiration, you got an idea.
  • Suzieque
    hace 5 años

Hi, celerygirl - can you share where the rug in your first photo came from? I love that!

• PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    hace 5 años

High contrast accent walls are kind of a thing of the past these days. If you're looking for something a little different, I agree with the commenter above suggesting the gray/another gray to compliment the one you already have.

• housegal200
    hace 5 años

Just do a search for "gray and teal area rug" on Houzz or Google Images. Lots should pop up.

--No accent wall for spaces that have so many openings. It'll just look choppy. A better area rug can be your accent "wall." Try to get a rug that echoes the adjoining palette in your living/dining room so there's continuity and flow.

--You need window treatments, though full-on drapes might be overkill. White and gray or white and teal Roman shades or bamboo Roman shades in white would add a finished look.

• PRO
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    hace 5 años

Try RugsUSA and esale.rugs for lots of possibilities. The second rug that celerygirl showed would be perfect since it lightens the mood of the room and ties in well with your dining room. Green and blue colors seem to give a more somber, dark vibe.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.