Houzz Logo Print
wai1016

Manufacturers of kitchen cabinets with factory baked finishes in blue?

W C
hace 5 años

Hello!

I LOVE kitchens with navy and royal blue kitchen cabinets and want it for my kitchen remodel. However, I don't want to paint my cabinets as the factory baked on finishes last longer and are easier to clean. Problem is that I can only find cabinet manufacturers that make cabinets in white, grey, or brown.

Does anyone know a kitchen cabinet company that makes factory/baked-finish cabinets in blue?

TIA

Modern Farmhouse in Grand Rapids, Michigan · Más información

^ love this

Comentarios (38)

• palimpsest
    hace 5 años

Thomasville (Home Depot), Kraftmaid (Home Depot + other retailers) and Plain and Fancy in ascending order of price, off the top of my head

• wiscokid
    hace 5 años

You can also do IKEA cabinets and have either semihandmade or Scherr's make doors. Semihandmade offers at least one blue and Scherr's will paint anything from SW's colors.

• latifolia
    hace 5 años

Crown Point

• cpaul1
    hace 5 años

Remember all of those cabinet manufacturers who make white and brown cabinets because you'll be calling them in a year when this trend passes by and you hate having royal blue cabinets.

• crcollins1_gw
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

https://www.wellborn.com/finbrowser.php

"ColorInspire is available on all Maple and MDF Estate and Premier Series Door Styles. ColorInspire is a program that will allow your customers the ability to choose from thousands of colors in any of the Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams or Valspar color decks for that just right color. ColorInspire utilizes a catalyzed conversion finish that is oven-cured, creating a baked-on long lasting finish. The sheen level will be the standard low sheen level used on the current paint program."

We used Wellborn for our kitchen four years ago. Well made cabinets. Ours are maple slab painted white and we have been happy with the finish.

• PRO
    Design 613, LLC
    hace 5 años

Canyon Creek makes 3 different blues including navy blue.

• Nothing Left to Say
    hace 5 años

I thought Scherr’s would do any SW color. Good to have confirmation. So, as already said, you could do Ikea with doors from Scherr’s. Or you could do Scherr’s for the cabinets as well. Both of those options are RTA.

• prideofownermichigan5b
    hace 5 años

Shiloh has a factory paint finish called Naval, a rich navy blue. I considered it for my island, but chose black instead.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    hace 5 años

Wood mode

• wdccruise
    hace 5 años

Diamond cabinets at Lowes are available in Naval (blue) color.

• Margaret Schultz
    hace 5 años
    Hello W C! I think you should fulfill your dream of blue cabs. You will love walking in there everyday. GO team color!!
  • Theresa Conroy
    hace 5 años

we just ordered conestoga cabinets from the cabinet joint and very happy with quality. they come RTA. we chose white cabinets but I see on their site a couple of blue options - good luck I think blue cabinets will look beautiful

• PRO
    Kristin Petro Interiors, Inc.
    hace 5 años

Seville just introduced a gorgeous navy cabinet. Here’s a photo of our sample.

• PRO
    Crown Point Cabinetry
    hace 5 años

@ latifolia: Thanks for mentioning us, and to the OP, yes, we offer many blues (even custom-blended blues, if you desire). We also have a beautiful royal blue, Indigo Batik, in our Crown Select line. (You can see a photo here on the info page: http://www.crownselect.com/info/) Have a great day!

• User
    hace 5 años

Dynasty, Omega, Merillat, Kemper, and Merillat Classic starting in October. And any real custom guy locally.

• Allison0704
    hace 5 años

Most likely, the people saying you would get tired of it or it's trendy are people that either don't like blue or wouldn't be bold and use. Blue is my favorite color. My eyes are blue, most of my clothes are shades of blue. My father gutted/remodeled a home in the late 50s (prior to my birth) and the main color used throughout was navy blue (with lighter blues used also). Our first home was purchased in the 80s and we painted the cabinets blue. I never tire of blue!

The kitchens I mentioned above, we lived with the French Grey island for almost 13 years. I still love that island! fwiw, you can get a fabulous smooth and durable finish with oil based paint when it is sprayed. Our new home has beautiful custom cabinets made locally in this manner. The key there is the cabinetmaker's painter/finish system.

So if you LOVE blue, go for it! And enjoy your new kitchen!

• W C
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you for all of the suggestions! WOW I didn’t know there were so many makers of blue cabinets. I’ve honestly googled this for hours and never could find anything. I’m going to look up all these cabinet makers. I just love this Houzz community.

For the people mentioning I’d get “tired” of blue cabinets, I just want to say that I fell in love with blue kitchens when I saw one while visiting a house on an olive oil farm in southern Spain 15 years ago! I’ve been dreaming of my blue kitchen ever since. I just know that whenever I walk into my kitchen it’ll remind me of my wonderful trip to Spain and bring me so much joy. That being said, regardless of my reasons for wanting a blue kitchen, I work very hard for my money and I’m going to spend it on things that will bring ME happiness. Even if I wanted a hot pink and glitter polka dot kitchen I’m gonna do it cause I’m renovating for me and what I like (trend or not), not for anyone else.
  • W C
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @wiscokid if I do semihandmade doors in blue, then do I have to paint the ikea cabinet bases in blue? How do I get the right color? How does that work?
  • wiscokid
    hace 5 años
    IKEA cabinets are frameless, so you don’t see the boxes (other than when they’re opened, obviously). They offer white or black/brown.

Scherr’s and semihandmade also make the end panels and trim to match. (Same as if you went with IKEA’s offerings - the Sektion boxes are the same no matter what door style you pick, you have to also get end panels, cornice, etc)

Search for Hillside House’s thread on “Barker vs Scherr vs semihandmade’s” doors. She did a huge comparison, and also a second follow up thread too.
  • sawyer212
    hace 5 años

We did our island and our bar area in hale navy, cabinets by medallion. Very happy with how they turned out!

• User
    hace 5 años

Semi Handmade plus IKEA will cost well above what many of these other lines will cost. And not have nearly as many modifications available.

• Kim H
    hace 5 años
    We just finished our remodel with Wellborn cabinets in “Bleu” color. Love them, they are a nice dark blue. Some of the other cabinet lines had blues that had too much green in them for me.
  • W C
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @sophie wheeler thank you. Yea I still need to price a few options out. I was just curious about the whole semihandmade process
  • W C
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @Kim H those cabinets are gorgeous
  • Kim H
    hace 5 años
    Thanks! We looked at Diamond/Masterbrand Cabinets too, the color was similar to what you posted as your inspiration pic. Really pretty but has some green in it
  • friedajune
    hace 5 años

Just for inspiration, I had posted about this Christopher Peacock kitchen some time ago, and will re-post the photo here. I love this color which is, naturally, peacock blue. Plus I love how he tied in the black, and the brass accents. Now, Christopher Peacock kitchens are in the $200k range, so not affordable for most, but it's a lovely photo for inspiration. Though the prep sink is kinda useless, if I am going to quibble, and there should be more base drawers. Nevertheless, I'd kill for this kitchen.

• PRO
    User
    hace 5 años

The island I designed here 9 years ago here is Omega.

Dynasty Omega Showroom Vignette · Más información

And this is custom, from a local guy that does the same tough conversion varnish finish as a factory.

Island Style · Más información

You CAN get factory tough locally, but you will have to wade through a lot of frogs before you get the prince. It works best if you have a good local Kitchen Designer involved.

• User
    hace 5 años

Bremtown Cabinets will factory paint your cabinets in any BM or SW color. http://www.bremtown.com/paints-glazes/  (See bottom of page)

• Lisa 902
    hace 5 años

Showplace has Naval, Hale Navy, Billowy Breeze, and Smoky Blue - all standard colors.

https://www.showplacecabinetry.com/finishes/paints

• Lisa 902
    hace 5 años

They'll also match any Sherwin Williams paint, but I'm probably going with Showplace just because I like their standard colors and wouldn't have to pay a big surcharge for them. Unless I'm told they're terrible cabinets or the paint finish is bad?

• HoJo1
    hace 5 años

We used Holiday Kitchens for our remodel almost 2 years ago. These cabinets have been great - no complaints. They do come in a variety of styles and colors including blue.

http://holidaykitchens.com/index.php/quality-designed/products

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    hace 5 años

>>>>following

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    hace 5 años

Many cabinet lines do a blue paint. So your next step is really to make sure you are working with a designer who can give you a well functioning kitchen - not just a pretty blue kitchen that will be a nightmare to work in...

Good luck!

• iwant2remodel
    el último año

Did you ever find a manufacturer that does a factory finish? None of these people seemed to understand what you meant and instead focused only on the color.

• wdccruise
    el último año

IKEA Axstad cabinet doors, drawer fronts and related components for the IKEA Sektion kitchen are available in matt blue.

• Laura Kriewall
    el último año

Need help! I am undecided about flooring. I have Wellborn shakers in the color “bleu” and fantasy brown granite. Any suggestions?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.