keshacagle

Engineered hardwood brands with oil finish?

Kesha
hace 5 años
I would love some help finding engineered hardwood brands that use an oil finish. I know of DuChateau and Hallmark are the popular ones, as well as Oak & Broad.

I'm looking for approx 7 inch wide plank, with a 4mm + wear layer, with long board length (72" + would be nice), hopefully with the few small ones not less than 24-36". Thanks!

Comentarios (19)

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    hace 5 años

I would love to hear answers to this as well.

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    hace 5 años

That article is quite excellent. Kills the drivel you'll find on sites that Google shows .

Nice job Ryan

• PRO
    Emerson Hardwood Floors
    hace 5 años

Garrison has quite a few options as well. http://www.garrisoncollection.com/

Take a look at their French Connection, DuBois and Wanderluxe collections.

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 5 años

keshacagle , thank you for the shout out :-) We also offer a finish thats low gloss like oil but is more durable and requires less maintenance than an oiled finish. Something else to consider!

• Kesha
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you Oak & Broad, that is good to know!
    What type of coating is it that you mentioned?
  • PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 5 años

keshacagle, email me and I can send over several options for you to look at. joel@oakandbroad.com

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    hace 5 años

@keshacagle, Here is an engineered floor collection that we have been having good experiences with. Hope you will find what you like.
    SOLID HYBRID

• Kesha
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you Oak & Broad and Unique Floors!!
  • PRO
    WoodCo
    hace 5 años
    Hello! Feel free to check us out at www.woodco.com. We manufacture both solid and engineered wood and finish our floors with a UV cured oil by WOCA. We typically manufacture a 4mm or 6mm wear for the engineered floors and use only the best water and boil proof Baltic birch plywood. 7" width is our standard width and standard lengths are 2' to 10' with he majority being 6' and longer.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at debbie@woodco.com or call me at 210 298.9663.

Regards,
    Debbie George
  • Mittens Cat
    hace 4 años

I just saw some beautiful engineered Spanish White Oak floors from Rivafloors. They do a natural oil finish as well as a matt lacquer (urethane). Lovely stuff and not super pricey!

The only thing I don't like about oiled floors (which I didn't realize until I kicked off my flips and stood on them) is the slight sticky feel. But perhaps that goes away after awhile? I could live with it, but my sensitive kid would hate it. Husband also imagined all the dust and pet fluff that would stick to it? (Oiled floor pros, weigh in?)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 4 años

Oiled finish floors are also not as durable as polyurethane and will require yearly recoating of the oil to maintain their look and warranty.

• drseacat
    el último año

Does anyone have a link to a listing of all companies that produce oil finished flooring? There are so many companies and some websites are not very helpful when trying to determine finishes. Thanks!

• Usuario de Houzz-96069199
    el último mes

I installed oiled floors two years ago and absolutely love them. I probably should have solid them but they still look the same as when I installed them. Unfortunately, the particular flooring, Odyssey isn't sold anymore! I did use an excellent product at that time, Osmo.

• chispa
    el último mes

I am also very happy with my hard-wax oil floors. We moved in just over 2 years ago and they are working much better than I ever anticipated with 3 dogs. Mine are DuChateau, Riverstone Collection.

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    el último mes

Mill City collection, particularly the Lakefront and Riverfront options, has been popular among our customers who prefer oil-penetration finishes. The oil-penetration finish often provides a natural and rich look to the wood, enhancing its texture and character. It's great to hear that you are satisfied too.

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    el último mes

Mill City Lakefront · Más información

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    el último mes

Mill City Riverfront · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.