Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Finally finished! Gray-and-white Shaker kitchen with wood floors.

Stacey Collins
hace 5 años

Hi all! As always, this forum has been a wonderful source of inspiration and solutions. I'd like to share the final outcome of the kitchen renovation we just completed for our rental/investment house.

We gutted the kitchen, replaced the windows, narrowed the door opening to the dining room, installed Ikea boxes with custom painted shaker doors and did some other custom built-in work. The counters are quartz.

Underneath the layers of old linoleum we uncovered the original 1938 Douglass Fir subfloor, which we refinished. (It has nail holes and flaws, but I love it!) There is SO much storage in this small kitchen! Drawers behind many of the doors. Dishwasher is behind the large cabinet door in the middle of the kitchen.

We sourced nearly-new appliances from scratch-and-dent sellers and the clearance/returns section of Lowes. Did all the plumbing, electrical, tile, installation, finish work ourselves... basically everything except the floor refinishing.

Cost breakdown:

400 Sink & faucet

160 Tile

135 Lighting

2350 Appliances

3000 Countertop

740 Windows

500 Electrical/plumbing supplies

190 Floor refinish

1958 Ikea boxes, hinges, etc

2343 Custom painted cabinet doors

107 Cabinet hardware

1000 Miscellaneous

Total cost: $12,923

Before:

After:

Here's the whole house :)

Comentarios (22)

• H202
    hace 5 años

It's really pretty! You have a very good eye and design sense!

Stacey Collins agradeció a H202
  • Hillside House
    hace 5 años

Lovely! What is your countertop?

Stacey Collins agradeció a Hillside House
  • salonva
    hace 5 años

that looks AMAZING.

Stacey Collins agradeció a salonva
  • zmith
    hace 5 años

Very pretty and looks like a very functional layout too. I thought your original kitchen was cute, but this is much, much better!

Stacey Collins agradeció a zmith
  • Jules
    hace 5 años

That looks amazing! Does not having moulding bother you? I'm only asking because I have a similar clearance with my cabinets (also Ikea) and the feedback I got was that moulding is a must. It really doesn't bother me personally.

Stacey Collins agradeció a Jules
  • salex
    hace 5 años

Beautiful floors! We have Douglas-fir under our kitchen floor but unfortunately it wasn't in good enough shape to salvage. It looks lovely with your grey and white kitchen.

Stacey Collins agradeció a salex
  • Chessie
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Absolutely beautiful. So clean and bright - love the tile, love the range hood ( I have the same one!) Such an amazing transformation, and at a cost that doesn't require one to sell off a child. :-) You did a great job - you must be thrilled!

Stacey Collins agradeció a Chessie
  • PRO
    Teoria Interiors
    hace 5 años

Beautiful project!

Stacey Collins agradeció a Teoria Interiors
  • leah
    hace 5 años

Wait, you mean I could get that much for my child? Interesting...

But seriously, this looks FANTASTIC. We are in the midst our own Ikea remodel right now, and if it looks 1/2 this good I will consider it a win. Congrats and nice work!

Stacey Collins agradeció a leah
  • PRO
    Hanover Custom Homes, LLC
    hace 5 años

Great job. Text book example of keeping costs low while increasing home value

Stacey Collins agradeció a Hanover Custom Homes, LLC
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 5 años

What a transformation! It is a beautiful kitchen, calm and serene. Very classic. Great job!!!

Stacey Collins agradeció a Anglophilia
  • tackykat
    hace 5 años

Beautiful. Love everything about it.

Stacey Collins agradeció a tackykat
  • midcenturymodernlove
    hace 5 años

Perfect! Love the value. The only thing I would not have done, for those currently thinking things over, is the hanging pendant over the sink, but then we are tall! (Maybe your ceilings are high though).

Stacey Collins agradeció a midcenturymodernlove
  • K R
    hace 5 años
    You did an ah mazing job...and for only $12k? Insane!
    Stacey Collins agradeció a K R
  • prepmom
    hace 5 años

Amazing transformation & DIY skills! So well done! The whole house looks fantastic. Modern, yet comfortable. I'm imagining you'll rent it in no time! Thanks for sharing.

Stacey Collins agradeció a prepmom
  • Stacey Collins
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@Hillsidehouse The countertop is Viatera 'Celeste' quartz. I loooove it!

• Stacey Collins
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@midcenturymodernlove (nice name, BTW. My business is Vintage Modern Maine ) The ceilings are high! I'm 5'11 and this doesn't bother me in the least. It's probably ~5" higher than my head, PLUS it's centered over the sink, not where you stand.

• Stacey Collins
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@Jules. Nope it doesn't bother me not having molding. I thought it would, and planned to do a very simple flat molding to the ceiling. However, the boxes are rather too close to the ceiling to do that easily (frameless cabs as you also have) and the ceiling is very uneven. I decided to live with it a while as it is and it doesn't bother me at all.

• Stacey Collins
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@Salex our fir floors are pretty beat up! Lots of nail holes and stains... bit it still pleases me :)

• Sue 430
    hace 5 años

Its beautiful, so bright and light and clean looking. And the floors came out beautifully!

Stacey Collins agradeció a Sue 430
  • mabeldingeldine
    hace 5 años

Another fantastic job!

Stacey Collins agradeció a mabeldingeldine
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.