Houzz Logo Print
tabbybee12

question for Joseph C, quartz seam

tabbybee12
hace 5 años
Is there a way to make this seam not be so visible? We’ve had so many delays I want to ignore it but don’t know if I can

Comentarios (13)

• tabbybee12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    One more photo
  • jmm1837
    hace 5 años
    I'd like to know the answer because I have something very similar. It doesn't bother me all that much, but if there's an easy fix, I'd be very interested.
  • Jae Cole
    hace 5 años

Could you share the model of your cooktop?

• tabbybee12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you Grover! Jae, I’ll check my paperwork tomorrow and post!
  • tabbybee12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    For some reason Joe I can’t see ur comment even thought my email shows me half of it, I will keep refreshing and hopefully it shows up so I can read ur advice!! Thank you!

Jae... here is cooktop
  • PRO
    Bayern Builders
    hace 5 años

The epoxy fill used for seam is a gray instead of a white. Would recommend they mix white with a hint of gray. This may match the stone a littler better. With that being said, you will always see the seam because it is a straight line running through material and not natural looking but color match will help.

• felizlady
    hace 5 años
    It's normal to seam a long run of granite or Quartz at the narrowest visible spot (the edge of the sink or the edge of the cooktop. My seam was at the sin, but they put a matching colored mastic in the seam so it barely showed. Because your Quartz is white, the seam, even if filled with matching mastic or grout will need more attention because it is white. I would try using a little bleach on a q-tip once a week.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 5 años

tabbybee12:

I'll repeat myself; maybe you can see this one:

It depends. If they used a clear adhesive, that often shows up as a medium gray which appears to be the case. If the seam is wide enough to remove the adhesive or enough of it, it can be done over with a better color match.

If you have a do-over done, I'd retard the adhesive catalyst. You'll have to pay more for the tech to wait longer for the adhesive to harden, but catalyst causes yellowing in whites. You don't want the seam to look great now, but turn yellow(ish) in a year or two.

If the joint is contaminated, I'd poultice it with some #40 peroxide from the beauty supply store.

These whites are notorious for color matching seams.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 5 años

" I would try using a little bleach on a q-tip once a week."

Bleach is much too strong for engineered stone. Once or twice, maybe, but bleach every week will destroy this top.

• tabbybee12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Joseph, thanks. I still can’t see ur earlier post.......what was your advice? It’s very valuable to me! If I lived near you I’d already have made an appointment! Charleston is a tad too far!!!
  • tabbybee12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks, I see both posts now lol! I was hoping you’d say I could use magic something or other. I may try the peroxide if the builder argues with me.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.