Houzz Logo Print
garyhutchison

Beige windows--Need help with interior trim and wall colors

garyhutchison
hace 5 años

We are building a new house and selected beige windows to complement the exterior paint colors we had selected. Now we have the dilemma of paint colors inside the house due to the beige windows. We had planned on white trim with light gray walls (we've had light gray walls for 25 years and still love them). The decorator had suggested SW Relaxed Khaki #6159 for the trim color (it does match the beige windows nicely) and SW Wool Skein #6148 for the walls. I would love to get advice as to whether this would work throughout the house. I'm not used to beige interiors and am afraid this may make the house feel too dark. Suggestions? Thank you!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

You could have done white inside and beige outside

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 5 años

The decorator had suggested SW Relaxed Khaki #6159 for the trim color (it does match the beige windows nicely)

Why does the trim have to match the windows?

Relaxed Khaki on trim is a commitment - like, serious commitment.

I'd choose 'nice white' for the trim that works with the windows, like Ben Mooore's Super White, and use it consistently throughout the house.

garyhutchison agradeció a Lori A. Sawaya
  • garyhutchison
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

The windows are in, so we are stuck with them. Unfortunately, we didn't know there could be an option for white inside/beige outside. My builder uses Sherwin Williams. I've just gotten home from a trip to their store to look at colors since Relaxed Khaki for a trim seemed way too dark. Now I'm looking at SW White Duck, Muslin, and Natural Choice. They all have high LRVs. They seem to work with the beige windows and with SW Wool Skein on the walls. The next issue I want to avoid is having the trim color too similar to the wall color. Do you think there is enough contrast with these colors? Any choices I should avoid?

• garyhutchison
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Lori, thank you for your help. Wanted to let you know that we've made decisions now. We are going with SW White Duck trim and Relaxed Khaki for the walls. The samples looked good with the various lighting in the new house and will look good with our furniture and kitchen cabinets, plus we are ready to change our color palette to something completely different than our current house.

• PRO
    Martina Collom Design
    hace 5 años

Love beige windows! White can be stark and it is an upgrade (expensive) to do beige exterior and white interior.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.