Houzz Logo Print
nalai95

Please comment on my proposed kitchen layout

Renee Kirkwood
hace 5 años

We are looking at remodeling the kitchen, we are still in the layout mode. The original kitchen had a few pinch points and bad work flow, we are trying to remedy those. I tend to like to cook and entertain and most gatherings end in my kitchen. So I want to have a space that works well. The kitchen has upper cabinets as well that I didn't draw. The tall cabinet to the left of the garage door is a microwave and oven tall boy. The dishwasher is to the right of the sink.

That is the original kitchen.

Here is our proposed layout

We are considering removing the small wall next to the Bar sink (lower right hand side) but that is the only ceiling joist that ends on that wall and there are pipes from the upstairs bathroom that run through that wall.

Comentarios (7)

• sheloveslayouts
    hace 5 años

Where do the doorways lead to? Can you sketch out a basic layout of the kitchen + rooms around it so we can see how they all relate to each other?

• njay
    hace 5 años
    When it comes to an island, I think it's best with neither a cooktop or sink. You want a large prep surface for dining or buffet setup. Sinks and cooktops collect clutter, none of which your guests want to sit near. Perhaps a prep sink, but that's it.
  • jpp221
    hace 5 años
    I think the cooktop on the island will be a lot of hassle—it’s the dirtiest part of the kitchen (I know you clean up but that’s after the meal is over—in the meantime people will be sitting amongst the dirty pots and splattered cooktop? No thanks). Even a sink is problematic when the island isn’t very large (again, you’re sitting at the island staring into the pit of dirty pots). This is a nice kitchen but it feels like you’re working too hard to get the romance of communal cooking around casual meals, gather round everyone while I stir and sautée...
  • PRO
    Dishington Construction - Jensen Hus
    hace 5 años

Nooooooooooooooo!

• Usuario de Houzz-356282922
    el último año

It depends what your cooking and entertaining styles are. Personally I help customers focus on the triangle effect. Sink, refrigerator, and range creating a close triangle in order to cook, clean, and work efficiently. Having a range in the island takes up space for putting out food for gatherings. There's definitely some tight corners between island and dinning room table. We help with designs and remodel mostly remodel mobile homes but do stick built homes as well. Layout and use of the kitchen is so critical. It needs to look good and function good

• RedRyder
    el último año

This post is from 2018.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.