Houzz Logo Print
yoga22

Please share ideas for my new living room!

yoga22
hace 10 años
I just bought my condo, painted all the brown walls antique white, which is so unlike me! My white leather sectional and tables just arrived. The teal rug is too small but I was testing it for color. I am considering a graphic design teal and white rug. I am planning on hanging a great chandelier over the coffee table. The fireplace on the other wall needs help with ideas for stone. I will post that wall. I was thinking peacock and magenta as the accent colors. Will need one great chair to add to the seating area. I have no artwork yet as everything I had before will not go with my new glitzy chic condo. Thought of a great mirror to hand between the plantation shutters behind the chandelier.
Any thoughts on what may work, I would love to hear them!!!

Comentarios (502)

• garryeoff
    hace 10 años
    depending on the $ you have left, take wild fabric and have it stretched on a LARGE canvas frame. would be relatively inexpensive but also provide a visual punch. could do a collection of three panels....maybe fade the colors from one tone to another.
  • vickiefey
    hace 10 años
    One thing that I would play with is pulling the furniture away from the walls. I can't see the fireplace but perhaps a grouping in front it.
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    VickieFey, she has moved the furniture about 3 feet off the walls, long time ago. Yoga, the green pillow DOES tie in the green chair, keep it!
    yoga22 agradeció a Nancy Walton
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Nancy, yes that was the talk of the post months ago! haha

The green pillow color is a perfect match to the chair, thought it was rejected because it was small and beaded! I can retrieve it! I actually have 2 of them.

Fabric just arrived today for the drapes.. not sure about wild fabric on a canvas frame in place of Art... I think Zebra Girl would be ticked off at that!
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    So now you have to get busy and make those drapes! (Whip cracking...!!!)
    yoga22 agradeció a Nancy Walton
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    A little metallic shimmer paint in the old fireplace ceramic tiles...good temporary fix!
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Silver metallic on the curio cabinet. I think I will put a glaze of Warm Silver Metallic Paint over it to warm it up a bit, apply polyurethane and put the Swarovski back in!

Happy I did not ditch this Herman Miller piece I have had for 20 years! :)

zebra will just have to be moved over to the left a bit and should work. We will see!

Nancy, next I will tackle the drapes!
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Looking good, Yoga! Maybe use the rub-on metallic wax finish. You can find it at Michael's.
  • Kathy
    hace 10 años
    Great transformation!
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Wood curio cabinet now sports a silver metallic finish. All the Swarovski are back in place! It was a fun DIY project!
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Looks great Yoga!
  • Billie
    hace 10 años
    Absolutely stunning and I love love love the orb chandelier!
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Bling... Lots of bling! LOL
  • kcooz07
    hace 10 años
    Cabinet looks great. Now that's a Swarovski collection! I like them too but only have about 10!
  • Ginny Reames
    hace 10 años
    Gorgeous !!
  • sharamm
    hace 10 años
    That was a great work.. I would like to suggest you to have some string curtains in your home. This brighten up the look. Here are some string curtains.It was purchased for my house from curtainsandcurtains.com
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks kcooz! What is your favorite in your collection?
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Sharamm, nice idea on the string curtains thank you for sharing! However, I have 22 yards of turquoise fabric lying behind the sofa that I have to get my sewing machine out to make some drapes!
  • mjmil
    hace 10 años
    Great job on the curio cabinet. It looks great in your room. Thanks for continuing to update us. Can't wait to see the curtains they should add a lot of fun.
    yoga22 agradeció a mjmil
  • Billie
    hace 10 años
    Yoga, how are the curtains coming along?
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Boris, fabric is rolled up behind sofa along with Curtain rods as I lounge in Hawaii for 2 weeks!
  • Billie
    hace 10 años
    So jealous!! Have an amazing time, Billie
  • PRO
    Rugsville
    hace 10 años
    I hope this rug would help you to increase the charm of your room!
    Rugsville Ethos Aqua Brown Sari Silk Rug · Más información
  • smdrovetto
    hace 10 años
    Hi Yoga 22!

It's fun to see how your room has progressed, and looks very nice. Boy, you are really working hard on this, and it will be worth it.
    Take Care!
    yoga22 agradeció a smdrovetto
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Hung the drapes... Although must admit I have not sewn them yet! Mirror up thanks to a friend who hung it for me! Have the niche painted and the glass shelves are on order. That about wraps it up... Oh, I just had to get the 3 perfume bottle prints!
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Very nice Yoga! How do you like it? Although in these photos, they don't look aqua! But neither do the other aqua things, so I'm assuming it is the lighting and the camera.
  • callen807
    hace 10 años
    It's amazing how the drapes really DO finish off the room--Great color you chose! Everything is so beautiful and perfectly pulled together--terrific job Yoga (and friends).
    yoga22 agradeció a callen807
  • callen807
    hace 10 años
    Forgot to say Yoga....unless you have more fine-tuning to do on the room, I will greatly miss the back-and-forth chatter on this page! You really had some wonderful input from this group, and you certainly were able to take all suggestions and implement only those that truly fit the room. Again, great job--I wish I had your eye for design detail!!!
    yoga22 agradeció a callen807
  • mjmil
    hace 10 años
    Wow Love the drapes. You have done a stellar job on your project. It all looks wonderful
    yoga22 agradeció a mjmil
  • kathy
    hace 10 años
    I love the curtains and how they add a lot of richness to th eroom. Beautiful.

Now to the Swarovskis. I have a bunch of them as well (and a bunch of other pretty dust collectors). But they all just sit there (mine) because of course they are all on one level. Does anyone know of any product to act as 'risers' when displaying a collections of treasures?
    yoga22 agradeció a kathy
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Get clear plexiglass piping about 4" in diameter, then have 5" circles cut from 1/4" plexi. Cut the piping in different heights, put the circle on top, voila! you have risers.
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Nancy... Here the light is better and reflects the true color of the drapes. Since I just cut the fabric and clipped it on the rings they are kind of poofy as they puddle on the ground. I will hem them to just hit the floor.
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    A really BIG thank you to all the Houzzers interesting and talented designers and decorating amateurs (like me) who took the time to weigh in on my living room transformation over the last 5 months. It was an incredibly fun project for me to make my condo be truly ME!
    I learned a lot from all your posts and enjoyed the experience immensely!
    If you visit Scottsdale, let me know!
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Actually, I imght be in Scottsdale in February for the Arabian horse show. It would be fun to meet you!
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Nancy- I live only a couple miles from Westworld! Yes, it would be fun to meet.

602-616-3361 Carolyn :)
  • Nancy Walton
    hace 10 años
    Got it!
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Yoga - Everything looks fabulous. Enjoy your space; will miss checking in.
    yoga22 agradeció a User
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I see colorful artwork on the wall behind the sofa. A large mirror on the wall to the right of the sofa. A gilded type mirror that takes up most of that wall.
  • sondramartina
    hace 10 años
    ljg43 is late to this party. This is finished room :)
    yoga22 agradeció a sondramartina
  • Sally Neveu
    hace 9 años
    This turned out really nice I've been off Houzz for I guess about a year and a half so it was nice to come back on and see your finished product it looks beautiful
  • Elina R
    hace 8 años

Wow, LOVE your space!! Its perfect :)

I want your chandelier, haha

• User
    hace 7 años

Hi Yoga, I love your yoga position. I've created artworks with the figures upside down. So you might be the right person to experience them well. The Non Material series :) www.idaworkbox.com

• yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I sold my Chic Scottsdale Condo, got married and we just built a home in Austin. I will be posting pictures to look for some ideas and inspiration!

• yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I brought the chandelier with me!

• User
    hace 7 años

yoga22 What about something like this:

• User
    hace 7 años

Or artwork like this:

You can commission in your own colours and size. The media is recycled silk cocoons on canvas. And it will be the only one in Austin. It is a limited edition of 100 pieces.

• Nancy Walton
    hace 7 años

Congratulations Yoga!

• Elina R
    hace 7 años
    Congrats yoga!

And I'm happy to see that you didn't leave the chandelier behind :).
    Start a another thread for the new place? Hehe
  • yoga22
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

HI Nancy! Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well! I always look forward to your ideas! I will post pics of my new home soon!

• saya85
    hace 7 años
    Oh congratulations yoga! Wow it's been a long time since I was on houzz. Still remember this thread well!
    Would love to see what you do with your new place - good luck with everything xx
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.