Houzz Logo Print
webuser_8060994302897

Window style dilemma

Michelle D
hace 5 años

Hi

I’m hoping for some advice, I moved house a couple of years ago and am in the process of changing the windows.

I don’t particularly love the look of the outside of my house and am hoping that new windows will give it more kerbside appeal.

I love coloured window frames so am thinking about pale green but can’t decide what window style.... there’s so much choice....

ive added a picture of the House with example of one style of window in thinking of....

Any advice much appreciateD.

thankypu

Comentarios (24)

• PRO
    Origin - Doors and Windows
    hace 5 años

Hi Michelle,

We may be able to help you.

Please take a look at our colour guide here: http://bit.ly/origin-colour-brochure

and you may also want to look through some of our case studies as they may be able to provide some inspiration: http://bit.ly/origin-window-case-studies

Thanks,

Robyn

Michelle D agradeció a Origin - Doors and Windows
  • Daisy England
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

It would be better if you could show a photo of your house as opposed to the other one.

Personally I think green is more suitable for cottage style.

Regarding the actual windows I presume you want the same size as is already installed to fit the opening so you need to decide if you want large and small opening lights or one or the other. All small opening lights are a fire risk if you want to get out in a hurry. Large opening lights people don’t like to leave open if they’re out of the property so in the summer heat like we are experiencing now you’ll get no through breeze.

Personally I prefer a mixture of the two as is shown in your picture.

• carocat24
    hace 5 años
    I would suggest the best way to improve kerb appeal would be to turn your front garden back into a garden. It could be a lovely space.
    Michelle D agradeció a carocat24
  • honeypoppet
    hace 5 años
    Riverside I think the photo she's posted is her house and the window style she likes is the one outside the front door? (had to stare for a while to work it out!)
    Michelle D agradeció a honeypoppet
  • E D
    hace 5 años

Love the look of Carolina's mock up. So much more character.

The Windows either side of the front door would need changing too though, wouldn't they?

Michelle D agradeció a E D
  • Michelle D
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thankyou everyone for your thoughts and comments, special thanks to Carolina for the amazing mock up. funnily enough I had seen similar windows today to the style you used, but also like the single horizontal bar style too...

Riverside, as honeypoppet pointed out, it is my house....

thank you all!

Will post other window styles I saw recently below similar to what I'm toying with....

Carolinas IT skills are clearly far superior to mine as I wouldn't know how to mock up a house image with new photos..... so Thankyou

• Carolina
    hace 5 años
    I'll see if I can mock up something with the horizontal bar windows tomorrow :-)
  • Michelle D
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Oooooh you are a star

• Carolina
    hace 5 años

Here you go. Had to do it quickly, so not as neat, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Michelle D agradeció a Carolina
  • Carolina
    hace 5 años

Here they are together:

Michelle D agradeció a Carolina
  • Michelle D
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thankyou soooooo much. You are fab

• Carolina
    hace 5 años
    You’re welcome. And... which one do you like best?
  • Michelle D
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hi Carolina, I like them both I think the middle image has more character and looks more cottagey, the lower more contemporary. I think I'm leaning to the middle one as adding character is what I'm trying to do, it's so hard to decide..... will ponder some more. Thank you again, you are a computer whizz !

• E D
    hace 5 años

There is a distinct elegance to the middle one and I also prefer its softer colour.

Not it sure how important budget is, but I do feel the windows in C's latest mock up would possibly be cheaper.

• Jo L
    hace 5 años
    I also prefer the middle one. very classy!
  • Angie
    hace 5 años
    Just an observation but you'll be adding frames, which will impact light. Your existing windows will let in plenty of light and you'll notice the difference.
  • minnie101
    hace 5 años

I think I prefer the horizontal bar with the style of the house personally although the others are nice. I might also look at a clay colour. I'm finding it very difficult to find pics though as this actually looks like French grey but I've shown it up against your window sample anyway!

• PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    hace 5 años

Hi Michelle, Carolina's ideas look great or even vertical sliders, which still look modernised and traditional at the same time of giving your house some character and charm. We do so many different styles and shades of colours. Have a look at our website www.croydonwindows.com or our Houzz projects.

• Carline Mullings-Anglin
    hace 5 años
    Hi everyone I'm facing a dilemma with my bay window ... I really need to install a bay window pole that can fit ring top eyelet curtains but can seem to get my head around it , I know it's possible because I've seen images on Google can anyone give me some advice please.
  • Carolina
    hace 5 años

Hi Carline, it's best to create your own dilemma and include photos of the window. You'll reach a larger Houzz crowd and there's a bigger chance of getting advice about how to tackle your problem.

• PRO
    Feran
    hace 5 años

Hi Carline. I would go for a tracking system and a pinch pleat curtain. Eyelets are not a good choice in bay windows.

• PRO
    CS Windows
    hace 5 años

Hi there, we'd just like to let you know of a recent article we wrote that hopefully should provide you with some handy advice. It is all about how to choose the right windows for your home. We have added the link below and hope it comes in handy! Please let us know what you think, and good luck finding the best windows for your home.

Many thanks.

https://www.cs-windows.co.uk/2018/08/how-to-choose-the-right-windows-for-your-home

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.