Houzz Logo Print
voodoo54

To all with negative comments on taxidermy, any of you eat meat?

voodoo54
hace 10 años
Traditional Landscape · Más información

Comentarios (12)

• sylstone
    hace 10 años
    if you knew anything about hunting, 99% of the animals harvested go to the African tribes and families . They can't get in their car and go to the grocery store.
  • carlaneumann
    hace 10 años
    Bs this is disgusting shame on you!!! No one eats a beautiful leopard that had to die senselessly so some wealthy person could showcase in their home. And to see these ivory tusks is a disgrace! Who are you kidding ? I have been to Africa many times and founded a non profit to help orphans. Many of these animals are killed while entrapped with fences on private farms and few poor people are eating this meat. This photo is appalling. If you want to help the people this is not the way to do it.... Selfish
  • Matt Tyrrell
    hace 10 años
    Can't talk any sense into tree hugging liberals. Not worth the time trying to explain how a African Safari hunt works.
  • voodoo54
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    +1 to sylstone. Responsible hunters maximize the use of this natural resource, in both domestic hunts and foreign (safari). Meat (yes big cats and bear - carlaneumann), some internal organs, hides and those parts considered trophies such as antlers and horns are utilized in some capacity. In the U.S., families that hunt deer, duck, goose, rabbit, etc... consume less farm-raised meat. Which is more ethical; rising a chicken or cow in cramped conditions walking on their own feces, dosing them with antibiotics to combat disease prevalent in cramped conditions, accelerating their growth with hormones and then harvesting them - OR - allowing an animal to live free in its natural habitat and then humanely harvesting it with a single, fatal shot (rather than a slow death from multiple stab wounds from a knife as recommended by MasQueMadera)? Yes, there are unethical hunting outfitters and poachers and those must be stopped; but, do not group the ethical hunter with the unethical.
  • PRO
    MasQueMadera
    hace 10 años
    There is a nice attempt at a more logical approach: voodoo54 tries to justify hunting as a source of meat and compares animal industrial farming with hunting animals raised in their natural habitat: the hunter is ethical if he/she a) uses every part of the animal and b) only kills what he/she needs. Well, it sounds like a an acceptable argument, voodoo54. (I am not being sarcastic). Welcome to ethical hunters.
    Except that this argument does not cover tourist/safari hunting: The safari tourist does not comply with any of the conditions of the ethical hunter.
    As for my proposal of using a knife to put the hunter in equal conditions as the hunted animal, it was merely a theoretical proposition. I think that it would be safe to assume that if safari hunters had to chase their prey on feet and kill them with a knife, there just would not be one safari hunter left. Let me amend my proposition: the hunter could also have a bow and arrows and a spear for big cats and elephant. Should not try rhinos nor hippos though. Might not work :) . At the end of the day, excepting your ethical hunter, it is still the issue of kill, kill, kill. Somehow, you would think that this would have become an unpleasant and senseless pastime. But then, I will grant that my arguments would be less hypocritical if I was a real vegetarian. Which I am not. So, go ahead and shoot me :)
  • Jami A
    hace 10 años
    This guy is contracted by the governments in question to " harvest" the animals in question. People please think about your leather shoes and make up when you speak of murder or. Better yet watch dirty jobs with mike Rowe bet you never use make up again
  • stardust17
    hace 10 años
    i only use vegan hair and make-up products, but yes, good advise to those outraged by this.
  • aaronkp555
    hace 10 años
    Wow, this is beautiful! I love it all.
  • smartin1
    hace 10 años
    Hunting to feed your family in a well-managed population control conservation program is acceptable to me. Without this, the herd would grow so large, they wouldn't be able to sustain themselves. Trophy hunting, however, is a different thing.
  • benneb322
    hace 9 años
    Man looks like this guy had some fun
  • PRO
    Ayre & Co.
    hace 8 años

I prefer antique and Victorian specimens, not a fan of hunting. You can see some old pieces here www.ayreandco.com

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.