Houzz Logo Print
carlyabbey

Finally Finished Bathroom..Almost... WHAT COLOR BATH MATS ? HELP :)

carlyabbey
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Our bathroom is almost complete. It's been a long haul, but I love the result. The shower doors will be in , in about 2 weeks and I need to put things on the shelves. It's quite an improvement from how it was before!! MY BIG DILEMA now... (I know it's a little deal) . but, should In get white bath mats for in front of the sink and the shower or black? Any suggestions on a particular brand? Pictures came out a bit dark.. sorry

Help, please and thank you.

Comentarios (40)

• girlnamedgalez8a
    hace 5 años

White, black shows every bit of lint etc. Really nice bathroom!

carlyabbey agradeció a girlnamedgalez8a
  • Elizabeth B
    hace 5 años

Agree dark colors show everything but why not a color?

carlyabbey agradeció a Elizabeth B
  • Kay Addis
    hace 5 años

Vote for charcoal also.

carlyabbey agradeció a Kay Addis
  • chispa
    hace 5 años

I usually try to pick bath mats that blend with the floor. I don't want them being a focal point in the bathroom, so gray/charcoal would work well. I also don't match my towels to the bath mat.

carlyabbey agradeció a chispa
  • pricklypearcactus
    hace 5 años

How about charcoal? I would prefer black over white, but I think something just slightly softer like dark gray or charcoal would work even better.

carlyabbey agradeció a pricklypearcactus
  • carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

thank you for your ideas

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 5 años

I agree with the medium to dark grey idea, and also would suggest deep plum as a good match for your floor if my screen is accurate.

carlyabbey agradeció a miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

lindsey - Deep Plum is a beautiful color, I was just trying to go with a more neutral look.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

I'd get a few diff colors and change them out frequently. fluffy white or gray is a gimme. but the plum is nice, a turquoise, soft sage,,, the room is so very neutral as is. bringing in a 2x3 piece of color wouldn't hurt. or, can you do some plants or orchids near the window? maybe get a little marble table or a little wood table? some live greenery would look so good in there w/that great light you have. I'd put them on the black ledge of the shower too.

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks Beth . I was definitely thinking of some greenery. The window doesn't have room on the ledge but I do have those shelves and a small table or bench by the tub under the shelves or a large floor plant . possibly is a terrific idea.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

carla, I have a very open shower as well. I actually built it around my plant wall that I wanted.

If you get a philodendron (the little leaf ones) they will happily trail all around the window. mine is going crazy in the bathroom.

carlyabbey agradeció a Beth H. :
  • Bonnie B
    hace 5 años

I think white with a texture to "warm" up a cool floor. Perhaps something like this:

NuLoom Fluffy Terrell Solid Faux Sheepskin 2'x6' Ivory Rug · Más información

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Beth, my shower will have glass around it, it just hasn't come in yet. There will be a little bit around the edge of the bench , however I don't think a plant would fit.

Bonnie B. I love a fluffy rug like that., but my hubby.. not so much. Our floors are HEATED as well as the bench which is very exciting because we live in upstate NY and it gets very cold in the winter!!!!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

you could get by without the glass you know. or just have a panel at the front portion. mine is wide open and I'm so glad I don't have to deal w/the glass! Have you showered in it yet?

at least leave a 6" ledge on the back portion. you'll never use that entire bench in the shower. (well, maybe you will! but it will be difficult)

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I like the openess for sure but the glass has been measured and ordered. :) . I think there will only be a 3-4 inch ledge, but greenery in some form will be a for sure in the bathroom.

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you

• Christine Smith
    hace 5 años

If your floors are heated you really don't need a rug by the sink. I also have heated floors and absolutely love them. The bonus is that a rug by the sink is not needed. I do have a small rug that is used after one steps out of the shower.

• tenamarie123
    hace 5 años

I agree with Christine. With a heated floor, floor rugs are not needed. They're just lint/hair catchers anyway, lol. We have a white fluffy bath/shower mat that when not in use, is folded over the side of the tub. Pretty bathroom!!

• acm
    hace 5 años

I would pick some color to carry through wall art/accessories, towels, and bath mats. Agree that you may or may not need actual rugs.

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    hace 5 años

Love the colors, enjoy your new bathroom!

• User
    hace 5 años

Rugs aren't just for warmth. They're there to catch water and to provide a non slip surface, too. A color would enliven the already pretty space. Maybe a blue, maybe something with a pattern.

Contemporary Spa Inspired Bath · Más información

Traditional Bathroom · Más información

vasastan vindsvåning · Más información

Seaside Glamour · Más información

• iheartsix
    hace 5 años
  • Kay Addis
    hace 5 años

Chispa, interested in why you don’t match your towels to your bath mats. What do you do instead??

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you all so much for your comments. I have missed a few today. I went and bought some charcoal rugs since that was the consensus.. This is what they look like.(IN person they appear have a bit of green)

I also put a plant by the tub. I plan to hang some pictures to bring in color. Probably some type of flower/orchid or something like that to bring in some more color.

Remember before commenting that the glass door for the shower will not be in for a few weeks. The bathroom is huge and the planks are ceramic, so this is why I went with rugs underneath the sink.. I don't want to slip. What do you think?

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

maybe I should consider not having rugs in front of the vanity....hmmm

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

the more I look the more I am not liking these. :( The gray is too green, they don't look right. to me . Geez I didn't think this decision would be harder than the actual bathroom.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

i like the color. would just do a large one in front of shower. if you want something in front of the vanity, maybe do a runner or something, but not those two mats.

like the plant!

• IdaClaire
    hace 5 años

Mats really clutter up the look of your gorgeous floor. I'd remove the two in front of the vanity, and only use one in front of the shower if you truly need to step out onto something. Otherwise, I'd put it away when not in use. If anything at all, I'd do a long runner (and make it a very special piece) as shown in jenwen's photos above. Definitely not several little mats though. I think they cheapen the look of your beautiful room.

• Helen
    hace 5 años

I agree with Ida. Why clutter up with mats as you have heated floors.

The only reason for anything on the floor is when you step out of the shower. I actually use a towel because I don’t want to deal with storing and putting down a mat. I just use a towel that would be in the hamper so it doesn’t affect my laundry loads.

I love the serene expanse of my uncluttered bathroom floor.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 5 años

Do you intend to use the tub? If so it should have a mat too I think.

I like the idea of a narrow runner in front of the vanity. And it can have a pattern even though it's monochrome.

Urban Loft · Más información

• carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

thank you-

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 5 años

Are you talking about a BATH MAT or a rug in the bathroom? They're not the same thing! A bath mat is put down when one uses the tub or shower so one does not drip all over the floor. After drying off, it is either folded over the tub or hung somewhere in the bathroom. It does NOT stay on the floor. I recommend white as they do get dirty and a white bath mat can be bleached if necessary.

As for those charcoal rugs - take them back. They're too dark and they make your floor "splotchy". I would not do a rug in that bathroom

carlyabbey agradeció a Anglophilia
  • K J
    hace 5 años

Light gray would look wonderful in this room!

carlyabbey agradeció a K J
  • Audrey H
    hace 5 años

I love the plant by the tub. I'd go with a combo pattern rug with white and charcoal.

carlyabbey agradeció a Audrey H
  • User
    hace 5 años

I think you need fluffy. In white/cream.

• Christine Smith
    hace 5 años
    FWIW I️ have never slipped on my heated floors in front of the sinks. If anything a rug is more of a trip hazard. Remember heated floors will dry what little water gets in the floors. Your bathroom is beautiful and you will love those floors.
    carlyabbey agradeció a Christine Smith
  • carlyabbey
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

thank you

• PRO
    Classic Turkish Towels
    hace 5 años

A gray bath mat would go perfect with your bathroom!

• Julie Grosskopf
    hace 5 años

I've never had tile floors so don't really know the 'slip' factor, but -we've always just used thick bath towels on the floor by our tub and shower. It serves the purpose and is easy to toss in the laundry. Rugs can be a nice touch, but they add maintenance, either when they need to be cleaned or need to be picked up when cleaning the floor. I'm all for easy peasy cleaning. If you have a heated floor, you don't really need them.

I love your bathroom!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.