Houzz Logo Print
shewolffe

Main Bath Renovation - Before and After - WOW

Wolffe Interiors
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

We bought our 1989 home this past October 2017. This is the third bathroom my husband and I have worked on together and I think this has to be the prettiest one ever. The room is only 5 x 7, it was dark as a dungeon and everything in it was ugly and dated, the tub and sink were a horrible beige/yellow. My husband and son demo'd the whole room and I bought a new jet tub, toilet and vanity. We had to bring the tub in through my dining room wall! I selected light, faux marble tile in 12 x 24 format, and an accent tile. I'm proud to say I installed all of it myself. :-) My husband is my plumber, electrician and all around strong guy, so we make a pretty good team. I had to have a window, the room was so incredibly dark and we have a lovely wooded back yard. I wanted a pivot shower panel instead of a traditional shower door because the room is so small, and the panel is nearly invisible. I also wanted to install an in-between the studs shelf backed with mirror and glass shelving. It is a small room with a huge blank wall and needed something special to add sparkle and interest. I love designing bathrooms, this one was the smallest I've worked on and probably the most challenging. I am amazed at how light and bright it is now!

Before - Dark and dated

Room is Demo'd

Window installed

Tile begins

Before and after grouting

Almost finished - Shower Panel installed

Finished Room -- see, the shower panel is hardly noticeable.

In-between the stud shelf

Comentarios (20)

• melle_sacto
    hace 5 años

I really love your in between stud shelf! Our main bath is the same size and very close to the same layout as yours. We also did a complete demo a few years ago and that would have been a perfect time to add that feature. I'll have to remember for another time if we'd do a big remodel again.

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a melle_sacto
  • Mrs Pete
    hace 5 años

Wow, what a difference! I love your details: Four storage niches in the shower will be so welcome, you were smart to put that grab bar on that deep tub, and that mirrored shallow shelf makes the room look larger than it actually is. Great job.

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a Mrs Pete
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    hace 5 años

Awesome transformation! Really love the built in shelf, such a great idea!!

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a Designer Drains
  • kidshop
    hace 5 años

Really pretty!

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a kidshop
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    hace 5 años

Nicely Done!

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 5 años

Looks awesome!

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    21st Century Tile
    hace 5 años

Looks great! I love the built-in shelving on the wall. Nice job!

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a 21st Century Tile
  • PRO
    Ancient Stone
    hace 5 años

Stunning transformation! You did a fantastic job :)

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a Ancient Stone
  • beaniebakes
    hace 5 años

Beautiful. I love the tile and the built in shelving.

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a beaniebakes
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I'm astonished at the way you rough framed the window.

• PRO
    Dale Helmstead
    hace 5 años

Great use of vertical accent stripe on the tub apron and shower wall! I believe we will be seeing more vertical stripes in small room design in the near future.

Wolffe Interiors agradeció a Dale Helmstead
  • my_four_sons
    hace 5 años

I’m confused about the progress pics, did you waterproof the tub area?

• Sammy
    hace 5 años

My thought exactly, Chroma Design.

Sorry, Wolffe Interiors, but I think this is a disaster in the making.

• ci_lantro
    hace 5 años

Yeh. It's a do-over to get the framing right.

I wouldn't repeat the low level glass shelves, mirror & breakable bric-a-brac either. Looks cool but too dangerous. I can see a kid lurching into those shelves. Hopefully all the glass components are tempered?

• hemina
    hace 5 años
    Window ‘framing’? And are those ‘wood-look’ blinds? The blinds will crumble in the next couple days if it’s particle board. Did we miss a few steps in the progress pictures?
  • Emilie W
    hace 5 años
    Wolffe - don’t take the comments too hard. I think there is a game on here to see who can be the first to suggest that waterproofing was not done correctly (even though not enough information was provided by the post/pics to make that determination).
  • PRO
    Wolffe Interiors
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you Emilie W. I didn't expect that reaction! :-)

• tuckerdc
    hace 5 años

There's such a wealth of good and interesting stuff all over the Houzz site, but the snark can really get a bit thick sometimes! It especially galls me when people find something just not to their taste - (then how 'bout you just move on...?) - and they have to rip on it and say 'Well, I would have done this.

Takes a thick skin sometimes to post here.

I did wonder about the chouce for blinds and will be interested to know if you're pleased a few months down the road.

• PRO
    Wolffe Interiors
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hi tuckerdc. Thank for your comment! The vinyl blinds are made by Levolor, here is a portion of the description, if they fail on me over a short period - say within a year, I'll make a point to post it. I have a good bathroom fan to pull away moisture so I hope they will hold up for a while.

• Faux wood slats are moisture-resistant and durable, making them ideal for high-humidity environments such as kitchens, bathrooms and garages, as well as areas with a lot of routine wear and tear
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.