Houzz Logo Print
nkoritz

Before and After - Updated Teen TV Lounge Need finishing touches

Nancy K
hace 5 años

Wanted to create a space so our teens could hang with their friends. Almost finished!

Before Painted, removed the shutters and sold the Archie Bunker Sectional.

After

Still debating on window treatments. Previous Houzz suggestions were to place one neutral panel curtain on the left and right side. What kind of hardware should I use? Nine foot ceilings and windows measure 24" x 49". We don't need window treatments for privacy.

Drums belong to mom but I might move them to another room. What should I put in their place? Hanging Chair? Room could use more seating.

I have some cool artwork to hang. Just don't want the place to look cluttered.

Comentarios (17)

• olychick
    hace 5 años

What a nice space for kids to hang out! I think saypoint’s idea of shades, pleated or roman would look nice on the windows, but I don’t think they look bad uncovered either.

• PRO
    Defined Design Edmond
    hace 5 años

Personally, I would have kept the shutters.

• Karen
    hace 5 años

Hi Nan, I was just wondering if you could tell me where you purchased the sectional from? Comfortable?

• User
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I recently made faux roman shades with fabric, hem tape, and tension rods for my remodeled master bath. They don't function if you just need something for decor.

• Rebecca M
    hace 5 años

Drums are mom's! I love it! Great room, too!

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    hace 5 años

Wow! Nice update! Love the pops of color!

• Jill Hall Garner
    hace 5 años

Great updates! A colorful roman shade would look great on the windows based on the size and shape and the style of the room. Match up the blue color in the throw pillows. Hanging chairs are fun but another accent chair that is movable is a good idea.

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    hace 5 años

Nicely Done!

• User
    hace 5 años

For teens, the most important element of all is charging capability! Make sure you have enough plugs!

• ptreckel
    hace 5 años
    Allow them to choose the art for the walls. Movie posters? Images of performers and bands? Their own art work?
  • wysmama
    hace 5 años
    I love your teen room! My kids would be thrilled!
  • PRO
    Chelsea Court Designs
    hace 5 años

I would recommend a natural woven shade. These will need to be custom made, most likely because the windows are an unusual shape. The woven shades will add texture with a natural look and feel to finish the space. The space is looking great!

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    hace 5 años

I wish my friends parents had a drumset in the "fun room" that would have been awesome! You're already in the running for coolest parents, by your kids friends.

• Nancy K
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Had a little fun adding some artwork. Decided to challenge myself and see if I could create something unique that cost under $100.

Decided to do funky orange glasses. Why not. Vinyl decals. Easy to make $50
  • Nancy K
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Wanted to put something fun on big empty wall. Created my own World Clock Display. $18 clocks from Amazon, $10 to make Signs, $55 for Vinyl Wall Map
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 5 años

Looks awesome !

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.