Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51327172

Opinions on kitchen choice please

User
hace 5 años

We have been round and round every option available picking our kitchen. It's the first one we've chosen together and likely to be the last for awhile!! He leans towards traditional but industrial suits my taste better. We decided transitional would be the best option and have finally settled on this photo as our inspiration. What is your opinion at first glance?

Please tell us why you selected your answer !

Love it!
No thanks

Comentarios (19)

• E D
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

It seems a nice synergy between your two preferred styles.

I feel it will need some colour here and there though. If it wasn't for the (lovely) floor it looked like it was photographed or processed through a coloured filter.

User agradeció a E D
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I am planning to add colour via a large flower arrangement - which will most likely include sunflowers.

• tamp75
    hace 5 años
    Classic & timeless. Lovely calm colour. I’d be more careful about handle positioning though - those at the far end would ruin the kitchen for me!
    User agradeció a tamp75
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

We've chosen a brushed satin bar handle :)

• PRO
    DIY Kitchens
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

The kitchen looks very nice and the white worktop bounces light around. If it is inframe you are looking for then take a look at some of our customer kitchens here to help you choose. We also do an inframe effect door, if you are looking to keep costs down but still get the same look and feel.

User agradeció a DIY Kitchens
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks, we have selected a dove gray shaker style

• PRO
    Fisher & Paykel Appliances UK & Ireland
    hace 5 años

Dove grey will look great in this kitchen style. As others have said, it's a classic style, one that looks great and will stand the test of time too. You can always add a few accessories you like to truly make it your style - they will be easy to change and replace when needed too :)

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 5 años

This kitchen looks lovely but is your space as light?

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 5 años

In that case it should look fabulous. I love the contrast between the texture of the floor and the worktop but best of all is the colour combination. The floor is almost a walnut colour, it looks great with the units.

• E D
    hace 5 años

I must say the limited colour palette (can I use that term in this context, colourhappy?) grows on me.

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 5 años

You can use what you want! To me it looks very cool (temperature) so it should work really well in a sunny light room.

• E D
    hace 5 años

Haha, thank you.

• minipie
    hace 5 años

I think it's lovely, very peaceful. I was going to say it's quite traditional but then saw you are choosing bar handles which will make it more modern.

I notice there is no splashback behind the hob in this picture. I think you will need one if you are having your hob against a wall... Tiles would look traditional, stainless steel would be more modern, backpainted glass might be a good middle option.

• delyth price
    hace 5 años
    The cabinet style suits both traditional and industrial-classic, but the cooker hood and floor lean towards the industrial
  • AMB
    hace 5 años
    Lovely timeless kitchen but definitely not industrial. However, given the cost outlay for kitchens I would only use accessories to get the industrial look. You might find yourself hating 'industrial' in five/ten years...
  • Sonia
    hace 5 años

Beautiful kitchen. I think it’s more a modern country style kitchen but it will marry well with industrial accessories. A nice bit of edgy industrial metal lighting will look good and maybe some rustic wooden shelving.

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    hace 5 años

First thing i saw was where the handles are, why would they be in the middle of the door stile? the handle is to high for the wall units and to low for the base units.

Apart from that if you have the space an inframe shaker kitchen can look stunning, but if its in a small kitchen with smaller sized units all the extra vertical lines due to the frames can look very busy.

We have a wide range of inframe door styles from our door supplier Marpatt in their 'Infinite Inframe Collection' and they also have a flat door style inframe range (Horizon) which combines the classic design with a contemporay twist.

The choice of worktop (a white sparkle quartz goes great with the grey) the style of the extractor and other accessories can really effect the final look you're after.

• Laura Thomas
    hace 5 años
    I
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.