Houzz Logo Print
visa_puvvada

Countertop dilemma :(

Visa Puvvada
hace 5 años
We’ve picked Cambria Brittanica for our island and are looking for a grey countertop for the perimeter that would complement the Brittanica. We were suggested to go with Caeserstone Concrete but am a little apprehensive as it is on the darker side.
The cabinets on the perimeter are gonna be white and those on the island are a light grey.

The darker quartz is concrete and the lighter one is sleek concrete. We like the sleek concrete but it is matte finish and imo may be more difficult maintain.
Can you suggest a grey quartz that would complement our island please..
Thanks is advance

Comentarios (43)

• Kathryn P
    hace 5 años

Young House Love used Brittanica on their island. Here's a link to their kitchen reveal. A ways down they share what they paired it with. https://www.younghouselove.com/bright-white-kitchen-remodel/

Caesarstone Concrete looked dark to me too. We ended up using Clamshell, as it had a concrete like look, but a much lighter grey. Maybe see how that pairs with Brittanica.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 5 años

Too much going on. Either two cabinet colors and one countertop, or two countertops and one cabinet. Otherwise, it will be too busy and unconnected.

Use the Brittanica for all of the countertops.

• Mrs. Gopher #BringBackSophie
    hace 5 años

Dont use concrete.

• PRO
    MOSCONE MARBLE & GRANITE
    hace 5 años

I really like the idea of the back perimeter countertops a solid grey, this would give the Cambria island a focal point of design presence. I would look into Caesarstone Stone Grey or Cement. I think maybe Concrete would be too dark. This is my opinion > in the end take the samples home and view for yourself how you find these colors. sincerely, Nina

• PRO
    Rozelle Stone Company
    hace 5 años

Cambria "Carrick" goes very well with Brittanica.

• PRO
    Cambria
    hace 5 años

Visa, Cambria
    Carrick, Clareanne and Queen Anne designs are great alternatives to concrete.
    Greystone from Cambria's Desert Collection is a gray that also pairs well with
    Brittanicca with less movement. All are also available in the Matte finish to
    give a similar low-sheen look to concrete. You can learn more
    about our Matte finish and our Clareanne design here: https://refineanddefine.cambriausa.com/cambria-matte-countertops-midcentury-modern-kitchen-remodel/

• PRO
    ZIEGLER LUMBER CO
    hace 5 años

I think you should either do one color for all cabinets and two countertops or one countertop and two cabinet colors. that will be too much going on in one room. there won't be a focal point for you eye to go to . it will be a wash

• RaiKai
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I think if you are doing different coloured counters (or different coloured cabinets) it is important to unify them with a common element: different counters, same cabinets OR different cabinets, same counters. So I vote you use the same counter you are using for the island on the perimeter cabinets.

• RaiKai
    hace 5 años

@Catt Combs - OP is talking about using quartz called “Concrete”, not concrete ;)

• Sarla Patel
    hace 5 años

I have the same counter tops in my kitchen. The perimeter and the island have the same counter top and different cabinet. Everytime I have someone new come into the house. I get a compliment on the counter tops.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 5 años

I like that combo from the Younglove house

• ahavajava
    hace 5 años
    Take a look at Caesarstone Clamshell.
  • marjie1059
    hace 5 años

I would be concerned that two different colors for cabinets and two different colors for countertops would be too much--as some have already said. Think about how much space you have to work with; how you plan to "accessorize" your kitchen (I like my cosmic gold counters to be empty of things so I can see the gorgeous counter--no coffeepot, toaster, etc.); how your kitchen space is broken up by windows/doors; how the cabinet choice breaks up or unifies the wall space, and so forth. One photo of a possible counter isn't a whole lot to go on here.

• PRO
    Aqua Kitchen and Bath Design Center
    hace 5 años

Caesarstone concrete options are a bit more complicated for maintenance so I would stay clear if you are not ready for it. Smooth concrete matte finish doesn't disguise marks as easily which means more regular cleaning may be required.

• lisa_a
    hace 5 años

I support your decision to go with two cab finishes and two counter top choices, provided your kitchen is at least average sized (150 sq feet).

I did that in my kitchen and love it! It got the stamp of approval from my ID and my KD (actually a CMKBD so many years of experience). Our fabricator uses a video of our kitchen to show others how to make 2 counter choices work. We also get lots of compliments. The trick, IME, is to stick with quiet choices for the rest of your finishes, including your backsplash tile and to make sure that your choices "speak" to one another to create flow.

My point is that mixing it up can be done and done well. Your choices are shades of white and gray so I think it will look very nice. Good luck to you!

• PRO
    Stephanie McDowell - Designer, Kenwood Kitchens
    hace 5 años

What about Silestone Desert Silver or Serena? (in the eternal collection)

• Visa Puvvada
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you so much for all your suggestions!!!
    Truly appreciate it.
    We have a whole lot of suggestions to work from now and our builder is arranging for us to meet with their fabricator to help us make the best choice.
  • Sibylle
    hace 5 años
    How about Silestone Kensho?
  • Mrs. Gopher #BringBackSophie
    hace 5 años

Yes i understand its a quartz called concrete. But if the finish is their "concrete" style as well. I would not recommend using it.

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    hace 5 años

Following...

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    hace 5 años

We agree with Sina. Either do two cabinet colors and one countertop, or do one cabinet color and two countertops. It will be way too much going on if you do it the other way.

Upscale Family Home: Kitchen · Más información

Upscale Family Home: Kitchen · Más información

• ajt5
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

@kidshop, what are your perimeter countertops? They are lovely and similar to the look I'm searching for.

• sprtphntc7a
    hace 5 años

i agree with others, one cab color-2 counters or 2 cab colors-1 counter. although all your choices are cohesive, its just too many, your eye needs to rest somewhere. let your island choice be the star. cabs secondary. don't forget to figure in a b/s.

if u go the route of 2 choices for each, cabs & counter, b/s will have to simple. should not have another star/busy option.

• Suzanne Wright
    hace 5 años

What did you decide on?

• Visa Puvvada
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Suzanne, we went with

Island - Dusk cabinets and Skara Brae countertop
    Perimeter - White cabinets and Fossil grey countertop.
    For the backsplash - white beveled subway tile.
    I realized I dint take any pics after they finished our kitchen. We are closing early next week. Will post a couple soon!
  • Andrea Cozza
    hace 5 años
    Visa- do you have any pictures you could share? I'm thinking of doing two cabinet colors and two countertops as well.
  • Visa Puvvada
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Agozza
  • ccwatters
    hace 5 años

Looks amazing ! Love your floor color, island cabinet color, backsplash behind range and lights! Stunning choices!

• Andrea Cozza
    hace 5 años
    Beautiful!! Thanks. :)
  • Toni S
    hace 4 años

Love it! Beautiful!

• felizlady
    hace 4 años

If your island is smaller than a full slab of Cambrian Brittanica, go ahead. You don’t want to risk a bad seam.
    I prefer the lighter gray for the perimeter counters.

• juliacali
    hace 4 años

@MOSCONE MARBLE & GRANITE I need help with a Benjamin Moore White Cabinet color to go with Cambria Britannica (gray vein / marble series) for the island. Cambria's website says Paper White, but I read from the forum that Decorator White, White Dove, or Chantilly Lace are good options. Please help.

• Andrea Cozza
    hace 4 años

gtp123- We used Britannica on the island and our peremiter cabinets are SW Alabaster. I realize our Britannica isn't right up against the white, but I feel they go really well together. I think that Alabaster is very similar to BM White Dove. Good luck!

• Jennifer Svensson
    hace 4 años

Gtp123 We sampled SW Snowbound for our walls and it looked very nice with the Britannicca countertop (at least in our light).

• juliacali
    hace 4 años

@Jennifer Svensson What is the paint color of the island cabinet you used. It's a beautiful blue.

• Sue
    hace 4 años

We used SW Snowbound also.

• juliacali
    hace 4 años

@Andrea Cozza I meant to ask Andrea. What is the paint color of the island cabinet you used. It's a beautiful blue.

• Andrea Cozza
    hace 4 años

Thanks! It's a Kraftmaid cabinet color- Midnight Blue

• Jenny C
    hace 3 años

@Andrea Cozza what is the perimeter stone that you used to go with your Brittanicca island?

Also, I love that you did bold blue island cabinets too, love that color! We're thinking of a dark grey for ours, but are undecided.

• Andrea Cozza
    hace 3 años

Jenny C- Its Cambria's Clareann. I wanted a solid grey quartz but didn't find any in a shade I loved. We're happy with the outcome though! Love dark grey too!

• Jen Pfifferling
    hace 3 años

We are doing dark navy island and lowers and all white uppers/refrigerator surround. Also a separate pantry/coffee bar area on other end of kitchen entirely blue. Husband wants to do more bold island (like Britannica or Portrush) also with plain perimeter, but I think we will have much to much going on with the cabinet colors. If just the island cabs were different I’d go for the two with less hesitation.

• RedRyder
    hace 3 años

Your kitchen is lovely. You made good decisions.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.