Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

o/t... my dog today... a slight warning, but meant to amuse..

User
hace 5 años

I hope you see the funny side... it's his bedroom, we don't use it, and he makes himself comfortable with whatever he likes, howsoever he wants... this is a common posture for Greyhounds..

Share your recent pet pictures too, if you like... you are most welcome.. and I'm sure they will be more decent than mine..

Comentarios (41)

• bossyvossy
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Mickey & Banyon cozied up. I disturbed the scene when I took pic. They love each other.

User agradeció a bossyvossy
  • smithdale1z8pnw
    hace 5 años

How adorable! When I was a child my aunt in London owned a retired greyhound named Horace. I loved to visit & adored his antics including leaping over beds when I was trying to make them & then falling into a heap exhausted. Thank you for the memory.

User agradeció a smithdale1z8pnw
  • Lisa Adams
    hace 5 años

Both adorable pictures. I had no idea you had a greyhound, Marlorena. Isn’t it funny how certain breeds have a certain posture they prefer?

This is Dexter doing some manscaping.

Sebastian likes to lay just like your greyhound, does. I know it’s common for his breed. We call it “airing out his privacles”.

I’m surprised I don’t have a picture of him doing it. I need to take one, as he often lays that way, flat on his back, legs spread wide open, fast asleep. This one will have to do for now. Lisa

User agradeció a Lisa Adams
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Lisa, those are just so funny, Sebastian looks as though he knows the score, got it all worked out.. lovely...

bossyvossy… oh those are so cute.. wonderful pic that..

smithdale.. thanks... Horace - lovely name - sounded quite a character..

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    hace 5 años

My cocker (his photo is my profile photo) routinely assumes the spread eagle position when he sleeps but only when in his own bed. When he sleeps up with me he generally curls up on the extra pillows on the other side or tucked into the bend of my knees. I think he must get too warm in his own bed and likes to air things out and cool it down :-)

I don't have a photo of him in that position, but here he is sharing with Pounce, his best buddy. He is out for the count and most probably snoring :-))

User agradeció a gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I love seeing a cat and a dog together... that is just so nice to see, and he's just gorgeous... well they both are... thanks for letting us see these gardengal… I can see they are good company for you as well as each other...

• portlandmysteryrose
    hace 5 años

Marlorena and Lisa, thank you for my morning laughter! Here are a couple pics of our collie. One is of her preferred way to nap--big dog squeezed under the furniture. The other is a testament to patience. Carol

User agradeció a portlandmysteryrose
  • Krista_5NY
    hace 5 años

Marlorena, your dog looks so relaxed, great pic of him! Everyone's pet pics are sweet to see...

My cat is 15 years old now, these pics are her when she was a younger cat. She still loves to sleep on warm blankets, comforters etc.

User agradeció a Krista_5NY
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

..bless her, she's gorgeous Krista... thanks for showing us, even though I know she's getting on a bit, like we all are...

Carol... they seem to find the most unlikely places for a nap... so lovely, they do like to do things their way... and your young lady looks so intelligent I might add..

• cedemas
    hace 5 años

My Jack

My Keira

My Tony

My Ruby

User agradeció a cedemas
  • portlandmysteryrose
    hace 5 años

Cedemas, you're a collie lover, too. How wonderful! Rough and smooth collies. Do love the collies! I'm curious about the origins of your pups. Nova is our first non rescue companion animal. We needed a dog with a therapeutic personality, so we drove to Kings Valley Collies in Monmouth, OR.

I can see how a cockatoo gets the upper beak over your dogs. Collies are such sweethearts, My daughter frequently gets the upper hand, and Nova is wonderful with her.

Thank you, Marlorena! Carol

User agradeció a portlandmysteryrose
  • cedemas
    hace 5 años

Carol, that's three things we have in common--first names, roses, and collies. It will be too weird if we have other things in common.

Yes, I have one smooth and two roughs. The tris are from Bob Jones Emperor Collies, he was a big breeder for decades. He had a stroke and couldn't look after them.

Three is way over my limit but I couldn't let them languish. I love them to death except for the barks.

I've had no other dogs but collies since age 11. After my first one died, I got a pair, and after they died, I got a trio. I'm the crazy collie lady.

User agradeció a cedemas
  • jerijen
    hace 5 años

All three of mine are upside-down dogs!

User agradeció a jerijen
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I'm glad I'm not the only one Jeri, thanks for joining in.... a beaut ! as ever.. I don't think it's 'Becket', but difficult to tell in that position...

cedemas…

I love all yours, including Ruby, who quite clearly is the boss!... thanks so much..

• User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Dear sweet Jason... thank God he's got you Ingrid...

• Cathy Kaufell
    hace 5 años

This is my black pug "Winnie the pug.

User agradeció a Cathy Kaufell
  • boncrow66
    hace 5 años

This was taken a few months ago of my new puppies, they are sisters and love to cuddle each other and obviously spread out to air out lol.

User agradeció a boncrow66
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    hace 5 años

Love that little exposed belly, just begging for a tickle or a pat ;-))

• Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
    hace 5 años
    Fun thread Marlorena! Here are Dude and Nina, they can find a blanket in under 30 seconds!
    User agradeció a Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

..how sweet is that? such dear little babies... thanks boncrow, they're so lovely..

..as is Winnie the Pug.. Cathy, I bet she just loves a cuddle... thanks so much..

oh two more little babies, thanks tiffandrew, I'm sure they do you proud... I also like your wall by the way...

• portlandmysteryrose
    hace 5 años

Cedemas, we DO have a lot in common! And probably a whole lot more. :-) Collies sure are barky, aren't they? I'm glad you were there to adopt those three sweeties!

Ingrid, my daughter thanks you for the hug. She asked me to tell you that she likes pink roses, too.

A fun thread, Marlorena! It's making my day. Friends across the street have rescue greyhounds. I think I've seen that risqué, convention be dammed pose. Carol

• JBP (zone 8b/9a)
    hace 5 años

Anyone practicing yoga? Here is my little one demonstrating the downward-facing dog pose:

This beautiful cat was a stray in the neighborhood and quickly adopted me when I bought the house. I call her Kitty and would love to train her to get into the house, but I don't think she is receptive to it. She always runs to me when she sees me, loves laying on her favorite chair under my pergola, and lo' and behold, I discovered that she loves gardening. Here she is as I found her grooming herself in a pot while I was setting up the new arbor. Silly Kitty. I adore her.

User agradeció a JBP (zone 8b/9a)
  • mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    hace 5 años

Love this thread and the pictures of the sweet beasties!

User agradeció a mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • sabalmatt_tejas
    hace 5 años

I love pets and dogs especially. Pictured below: Rosa, Audball, Danny and Ava

User agradeció a sabalmatt_tejas
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

sabalmatt… thanks so much for your wonderful photos too, and I confess I cannot help but fall in love with that little one in the first picture, bottom left.... but of course I know you love them all equally..

JBP... a charming duo, thanks for sharing these... and let me tell you, your yoga dog is what my Greyhound does about 20 times every day... they seem to need this procedure before actually doing anything else... like going out for instance... yours are both so sweet... thanks again...

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    hace 5 años

Fun thread, Marlorena. Here are my two pups showing that they believe my furniture is there solely for their comfort. First, standard size Labradoodle Forrest

And terrier mix, Belle:

(Dogs have no shame!) ;-)

And here they are, guarding each other's backs, like a good buddy should:

User agradeció a AnneCecilia z5 MI
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Ha!.. there I was thinking only Greyhounds laid like that.. they are a wonderful couple and look so happy together, it's an uplift for anyone to see I think... as are all the photos here of our beloved friends and companions in life..

AnneCecilia, thanks so much for sharing these and I hope you don't mind me saying so but I couldn't help but notice your furnishings and flooring which I like very much, especially the rug in the 2nd pic.. my dog would love that...

• Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
    hace 5 años

Gizi the Kuvasz with optional Jack Russell Terrier attachment. Gizi now has a rose named after her, Gizi's Rose (so original!*g*) which is a single white seedling of Rosa primula. I have lots of shots of Gizi being herself in the garden......

User agradeció a Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
    hace 5 años

Gizi as a baby. Playing with a favorite toy. Yes, that is a horses' Jolly Ball.

User agradeció a Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
    hace 5 años

Attacking the water wand

Drinking out of the bird bath

Eating rose hips. She's an adult now and hasn't changed a bit. Into everything. Just like her rose namesake, wild, thorny, goes everywhere (suckers), snow white in color.

• PRO
    Hummingbird Roses
    hace 5 años

Ruby Rose

User agradeció a Hummingbird Roses
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Tessiess…. Gizi is one happy dog, I can see she's great fun to live with... thanks for sharing, such lovely photos of your companions..

Mindy,.. now that's a prod dog indeed, very puzzled as to what's going on. I love those paws.. and so very intelligent looking..

• gigi4321
    hace 5 años

Cat

User agradeció a gigi4321
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    hace 5 años

So nice to come back to this thread again and find many more hilarious/entertaining/cute/beautiful furry creatures. Life would be boring and rather empty without them. The fact that they don't talk is an added bonus!

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    hace 5 años

Gigi I keep coming back to your first photo of your cat and laughing my head off at his/her delightful pose. How wonderful animals are at throwing themselves fully into whatever they do! If it's time for relaxation, let's do it thoroughly and let it all hang out, without worrying about what people think. We could learn a lot ourselves about relaxation, and fortunately our pets actively help us do so.
    Cynthia

• User
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Agree with Ingrid and Cynthia, incredible photos, I'm amazed how you managed to capture them just like that Gigi.. their laughing is infectious...

• garden nut z9b
    hace 5 años

My yorkie likes to bark and run through the water when I put a sprinkler on the hose to water the lawn. Sometimes she tries to run off with the sprinkler and but she can’t quite pick it up.

User agradeció a garden nut z9b
  • Cori Ann - H0uzz violated my privacy
    hace 5 años

It is fun seeing the fur babies of so many rose friends. Here’s one of mine napping on my treadmill.

The three amigos. Eating dirt clods.

User agradeció a Cori Ann - H0uzz violated my privacy
  • smithdale1z8pnw
    hace 5 años

Cori Ann, that's the best use of a treadmill I've ever seen!

• User
    hace 5 años

Oh, ok... I can't resist anymore...

Lucy likes to help with the seedlings...

Meanwhile... Let's just say Bob is not the brains of this operation...

User agradeció a User
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.