Houzz Logo Print
brenda_miller18

Living Room Fireplace Location

Brenda
hace 5 años

I had this house designed a year ago, now I am questioning the location of the fireplace.

I like that it can be seen from the entry, I'm just not sure about using up so much of the window wall. I was thinking it would be nice to place the furniture facing and surrounding the fireplace yet still facing the windows. Alternatively, I could have it moved to the only other wall in the living room. If it was moved would it look like it was blocking the natural flow from the entry to the living room and can this 15' wall accommodate it? The room is 18' wide (the window wall) x 15' deep with 9' walls. The stairs will be moved 4" to accommodate a 16" deep cabinet (a mock china cabinet that matches the other cabinets)

I would sure appreciate any thoughts that might help.

Comentarios (6)

• Brenda
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks, it helps to have another opinion.

• Jamie Ludwig
    hace 5 años

If you move it to the inside wall to get more windows for your view you could make it a gas fireplace and then it will take less depth from your room.

Brenda agradeció a Jamie Ludwig
  • PRO
    Lee Lormand Design
    hace 5 años

I would leave it where it is- I agree that it would disrupt the flow from your entry, and I think it's very inviting to see the fireplace as a focal point, along with the windows when you enter. Good luck with your project!

Brenda agradeció a Lee Lormand Design
  • Brenda
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Thanks Jamie, we are moving on to four acres with lots of trees though, so I do want to stick with a high efficiency fireplace.

• Brenda
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks Lee, I did like the idea of seeing it from the entry.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.