Houzz Logo Print
amyhoss1980

What color should I paint my front door?

Amy May
hace 6 años
I want to change the color of my front door. Looking for something a little more interesting than the boring beige we've always had. What color do you think would look good? I have wood siding and the door faces the East.

Comentarios (19)

• Amy May
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    wow that looks great. yes, it is dark brown. I like the wood door but we were just planning on painting, not replacing for now. thank you for your input
  • phuninthesun
    hace 6 años

Here are a few examples. It is a little difficult to tell what tone your brown is in your pic.

• phuninthesun
    hace 6 años

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

Something citrus - lemon, lime, orange.

• PRO
    Storm Interiors
    hace 6 años

Would you consider changing out the door so it is not glass? That way, the color will read better. I like a traditional knocker and great hardware with the style of your home.. Nonetheless, this article gives you great options:

http://www.thedecorfix.com/the-best-paint-colors-for-your-front-door/

• cpaul1
    hace 6 años

I would do a medium colored wood. Do not pick a random color.

• mramsey
    hace 6 años

I would like to see how it would look with a green similar to the grass in your photos. Load the photo into a paint company's site and play around with different options.

• tqtqtbw
    hace 6 años

I was just thinking the same thing - green like the grass in the picture.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años
    Chartreuse would look great on your home. Something like this. Then add that color to some plantings perhaps in pots. Here is example.
  • btydrvn
    hace 6 años
    The dark red in phun’s samples looks good....a little more traditional but more appropriate with the dark brown...will go well with the white trim....and won’t require anything else to make it look right...the brighter colors look out of sync with such a dark house color...
  • Bette P
    hace 6 años

Benjamin Moore Spring Break 627

Craftsman Exterior · Más información
    Sherwin Williams Centre Stage 6920
    Green Door Colonial Renovation · Más información

• Amy May
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    thank you for so many options. the house is a dark brown and the windows are beige, not white, if that makes a difference. I do like the red and the green.
  • Irene Morresey
    hace 6 años
    I think a rust red would look great. Sw sun dried tomato
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 6 años

Something else to consider would be Sherwin-Williams' Inspiration Gallery, it may inspire you with colors you never thought of. It's a little difficult to figure out what color your siding is because of the sun backlighting the house which is causing too much contrast.

• Pugga70
    hace 6 años

I think a burnt orange would look nice on your home.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años

I would go with bright raspberry.

• phuninthesun
    hace 6 años

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

Your home has a mid-century look about it, so I would still do the Chartreuse on door(s).

Cloud Residence · Más información
    Nice combination!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.