Houzz Logo Print
houzzindia

Ask The Houzz Experts: Cladding Material for Building Exteriors-CLOSED

HouzzIndia
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

If you're wondering which cladding material would be ideal for your home's facade, we suggest you stop worrying. Kayzad Shroff and Maria Leon of Shroffleon will take care of your concerns. Post your queries here!

Submit your questions in the comments below >>

Comentarios (15)

• sararahim123
    hace 6 años

Hi, what's the most energy-efficient cladding material?

• Deepak Negi
    hace 6 años
    hello sir /mam i am deepak negi from jaipur any stone mosaic tile wall panal wall clanding design tile requirement contect me this no same no whatsapp no 8058288694
  • Anita
    hace 6 años
    Do vitrified or ceramic cladding tiles allow walls to breathe? Are they prone to collecting moss in the rainy season in tropical climates, as in India?
  • PRO
    Curve Architects
    hace 6 años
    need energy efficient eco friendly and low cost material which will be the best in india
  • J S
    hace 6 años

Which cladding material is eco-friendly, insulating and low cost.

• Rajeev Rajan
    hace 6 años

Hi, I came across this image of using shipping container sheets for the exterior. It looks quite interesting but is this a practical option for Pune homes? What are the cons of using steel for exteriors?

• rohanmehta6
    hace 6 años

Hi, I'm building a home in Delhi and plan on using high pressure laminates for cladding. Would that be a good choice? If not what would you suggest to get a similar look and feel?

• poorvasharma
    hace 6 años

Does glass exterior heat up the house from inside? Im based in Nagpur and planning a new house. Pls help

• PRO
    Charm Interiors
    hace 6 años

What cladding material do you suggest for places with extensive rainfall?

• PRO
    SHROFFLEóN
    hace 6 años

Curve design and consultancy

The answer to your query depends quite a bit on the budget you are intending to spend on the cladding.

The options could go from bamboo screening, to ceramic tiles to stone or even zinc panels. You could even try introducing screens.

• PRO
    SHROFFLEóN
    hace 6 años

Anita

Vitrified tiles by themselves do not particularly allow the walls to breathe, and hence are prone to cracking. That being said they do not collect moss either.

If you are however set on using these tiles, I suggest you use them in a mosaic fashion, where smaller tiles or broken pieces are used. This will allow the wall to breathe, though the moss collection might be more due to the greater amount of grating.

• PRO
    SHROFFLEóN
    hace 6 años

Saniya Sehgal

Thee kinds of homes do look quite good.

However, there are a few issues in using them.

They come in set sizes and in particular the height is pretty low, which post insulation, which is an absolute must, gets pretty small.

Also, as this is not a regular type of job, you will need to find an agency that has worked in this kind of construction before, which might not be particularly easy.

• PRO
    SHROFFLEóN
    hace 6 años

rohanmehta6

Hi high pressure laminates are a good choice. They do come in range of finishes and costs. If the ones you are considering are on the higher side, I advise you look into Zinc or Terracotta cladding as well. They do definitely give off a richer look.

• savarapuvijaykumar
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I WANT ROCK LOOK DESIGN / WOODEN CLADDING TO MY COMPOUND WALL AND GATE CAN ANY BODY SEND DESIGNS .IT 5FEET HEIGHT AND 15 FEET LONG COMPOUND WALL, 5 FEET HEIGHT AND 10 FEET LONG GATE. I CAN EFFORT MEDIUM BUDGET

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.