Houzz Logo Print
sonwatter

Liebherr vs Subzero 36 Buil-in Refridgerator

susan
hace 6 años

I am looking at buying a 36" built-in refrigerator with bottom freezer. Considering the Sub-zero or Liebherr (many of the other models are too tall for me). Given the price difference I am leaning towards the Liebherr. Any advice, particularly on storage in the fridge area. Shelves on Liebherr look a bit cramped for tall items.

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    The Kitchenworks
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Both are great refrigerators overall. Couple key differences you want to keep in mind:

-Liebherr units are usually 80" tall in that width, while Sub-Zero's entire line-up is 84" high.

-Liebherr units are a bit ahead in the "Green" game, with efficient and eco-friendly R600 refrigerant. Eventually it is likely everyone will switch to this refrigerant, but Liebherr was one of the first to adopt it across the line-up.

-Due to simply volume alone, Sub-Zero's service network is going to be wider and more reliable than Liebherr's. (That is not saying you can't get Liebherr service, it's just overall, nationwide, SZ service is likely to be better reach and response)

-Liebherr's ice maker is on top drawer, while on the SZ IT-36 units the icemaker is in the bottom drawer.

The Liebherr units are made in Germany and they also make some of the smaller refrigerator and wine units for Miele as well. Their refrigerators are priced very fairly considering their build quality and engineering. The Sub-Zero units will be made in Madison, WI and are of very high quality. Both have the same 12 year warranty on sealed system parts. Sub-Zero's customer service level is second-to-none at the moment.

Here's some videos on Sub-Zero's and Liebherr units we've done in the past:

Sub-Zero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXXeb5xD9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fgUsXNUmSA

Liebherr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQQSPNdbynQ

Anthony

Appliance Buyer's Guide

• susan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for the advice - Anyone else who has a Liebherr??

• minimalist183
    hace 6 años

I'd check out Thermador (2 compressor) bottom freezer refrigeration. They offer the best value for the money.

• shivece
    hace 6 años
    We looked at both and settled on the SubZero, which we absolutely love.
  • susan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

If price wasn't an issue I would get the Subzero. However I am trying to save where I can so I really would love to hear if people are happy with the Liebherr Fridge.

• Archelle Champine
    hace 6 años

I have the 30" Liebherr. It's extremely shallow, to the point where very little fits on the bottom shelf because the door storage runs into the products. I need to leave a good 2-3 inches to ensure the door clears. The exterior also dents extremely easily. Replacing the freezer door will cost me $800 because a bottle slipped out of my hands and dinged the door in several places. If you can afford the SubZero you should go for it, I would never buy Liebherr again.

• sonni1
    hace 6 años

I bought a Liebherr integrated a few years ago to save a few thousand dollars. Did not get the biofresh, but produce stays fresh for much longer than I've experienced with any other fridge. The interior space/shelving is less than I had been used to, but I've adjusted. It keeps an even temperature throughout. The door doesn't always close completely and if not, an alarm sounds. It isn't difficult to get used to shutting the door all the way, but I've read complaints here on the forum about it. Also, I've had a repair to the ice maker. Likely due to something in the ice bin getting pushed into the ice maker parts (repairman told me to keep the scoop out of the bin - and no problems since.) I can recommend it without hesitation as I think it functions very well for it's purpose.

• appliancesalesman010101
    hace 6 años

DO NOT BY THE LIEBHERR unless... you want to own the KIA of built in refrigeration. Good Luck

• homepro01
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I have purchased two Liebherr over 10years with no issues. Miele resells Liebherr here in the US, they are a large fridge manufacturer throughout Europe. Every brand has lemons but making a broad statement like this is not helpful to users. I have two models, one with Biofresh and one without. The biofresh model keeps veggies fresher than the regular model.

Good luck!

• Tom Flinn
    hace 4 años

I had the first large format Miele refrigerator 10 years ago. Nightmare. They had to replace the control panel 3 times. Defective, kept freezing up, once they figured out what systemic problems there were and repaired it was fine. It took 3 years and several thousand dollars to get there. They would pay for parts i had to pay labor, sometimes just discounted the parts. I want to buy a 30i in tower all freezer and one 30 in all refrigerator. I’m afraid to buy Miele again. Miele ices-makers are awful. I believe Liebherr are too. Subzero looks so clunky and I’ve heard horror stories about the compressor. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I bought a Miele dishwasher, countertop coffee maker, both are great, ordered combi-steam oven, wall oven, induction cooktop and slide out fan. The steam is new to me, I’ve had induction, wall and fan before, LOVED them all. Refrigerator still has me stumped. help!?

• SS S
    hace 3 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

We chose the same size of Liebherr last year (2023) instead of the Sub-Zero. We chose Libeherr because:

• L has supplied pharaceuticals and restaurants with refrigeration for decades. S is only residential.

• L costs about 25% less than S.

• L had a ~6 month lead-time vs ~12 months for S.

• L manages temp and humidity better: the drawers get to 32F, Sub-zero drawer max is 34F. The lower temp keeps food fresher longer. L’s ”BioFresh Plus” drawer goes down to 28F. Both sets of drawers can be individually adjusted, Subzero’s cannot.

• L interior has more stainless steel and better lighting.

• L hinges look like they came off a 747 and seem more robust than the S hinges.

• L has refridgeration in the doors. If you notice, the doors are not only stainless steel (vs plastic for most Sub-Zero), but there are also vents at the top and bottom of the door for cold air to pass through.

We did have some issues with the L fridge and freezer; but they were quickly and professionaly recitifed under warranty.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.