ruth_foulkes

wardrobe- fitted with sliding doors wardrobe fitted w door vs no door?

Ruth Foulkes
hace 6 años
small house scandinavian contemporary.
looking at buying ikea wardrobe either pax with mirror doors or ikea open plan elvarli. the space is h 2700 cms x w 2400 cms.
does the open plan no doors make the clothes dusty? does it look cluttered in a small space?
what are people's living experiences of having either design pros and cons? I have a tight budget. : )

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Nordikka - Bespoke Furniture & Steel Doors
    hace 6 años

The current trend is no doors if the space is 'hidden'. With a door to the dressing room itself there should be no dust issue . Unless you are planning to rebuff your floor ? then the dust will go everywhere including closed door wardrobe.

Sliding door walk in wardrobe · Más información

Sliding Wardrobes · Más información

• PRO
    IQ Furniture
    hace 6 años

We would advise it is completely dependant on the space and your requirements. Walk-in wardrobes look great if they are kept tidy, however a plus for having doors is that it can conceal any mess and give more protection for clothing.

Another trend for walk-in wardrobes is to have smoked glass doors mixed with open elements this could also work with matt lacquered doors. Alternatively you could choose to have open elements for items such as bags, shoes or coats (things you know that are easy to keep tidy) then hinged doors for other modules.

• Sonia
    hace 6 años

I would definitely have doors. The problem with bedroom and wardrobe manufacturers photos is everything is colour co-ordinated with the wardrobes and room which just isn’t realistic, but most people have more colourful clothing which would look a mess without doors. Doors create a lovely, tidy, streamline look. I’m not even keen on mirrored doors as they also create an untidy look, in my opinion. I’m pleased with my Sharpes wardrobes, everything out of sight creating a sense of calm!

• PRO
    hace 6 años

Agreed , if in the bedroom I would always go with doors. If separate 'hidden ' room no doors.

Sliding Wardrobe · Más información

• Ruth Foulkes
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    @SlidingWardrobeSolutions.co.uk your photographs of your wardrobes are gorgeous!
    I think I have decided to go for doors
    . I'm just too busy and dis organised to keep it neat enough for an open plan no door set up. thanks everyone : )
  • PRO
    hace 6 años

Ruth we do supply only if you are to far from us for installation by us.

Also if you just wanted doors from us and interior to be done by your carpenter that's fine too. We are very flexible.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.