Houzz Logo Print
revathi_naadimuthu

Chalk or milk paint for shiny wood trim?

Revathi Naadimuthu
hace 6 años

I know painting wood trim has been discussed ad nauseam in the past. I have this knotty pine trim all over the house. I would like to try Annie Sloan's French Linen or similar color for the trim in my daughter's room (not pictured). I've searched high and low, and haven't seen instances of milk or chalk paint used for this purpose. Will it work? Also, is it okay for trim to have a matte finish? Thanks!!

Comentarios (3)

• jhmarie
    hace 6 años

I don't think chalk paint is durable enough for trim. Also, you don't want to wax or poly on top because that will make it hard to repaint.

There is really nothing better then good prep (clean, degloss or light sand) and a good adhesion primer like Zinsser BIN. I used Zinsser 123 which is not as good, but has held up fine, but my trim was not glossy) Finish with a good latex acrylic enamel.

I used the satin finish for my trim. Matte is fine, but harder to clean. The shinier the paint, the easier to wash.

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 6 años
    You appear to have white baseboards and doors already. As the poster above noted, a light sand followed by shellac primer and a couple coats of good latex white paint and everything will be cohesive. Keep the chalk paint for furniture.
  • Revathi Naadimuthu
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

The white baseboards are only in the kitchen and the doors are more of a cream color. Unfortunately the rest of the house is dark wood. Thank you for the advice...guess I was hoping for something a bit easier.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.