just_janni

Anyone done back paint glass for shower walls?

just_janni
hace 6 años

I have a large and very "open" shower (see below) that I need to "tile". it's about 7x5, and the 2 concrete walls shown will need to have "coverings" and 2 walls will be clear glass - floor to ceiling under that steel angle.

I was planning originally for Dekton / or other large format tile for the covered walls - likely in a book match, a custom quartz aggregate curbless "pan" and the glass enclosure. BUT.....

The house is taking so long, I think my tastes have changed. LOL. Actually I am looking for distinctive ways to add color instead of the usual "towels and paint" discussion.

My floor will be white epoxy, the walls will stay as shown but get cleaned up some. So I need color.

And I LOVE robin's egg blue.

Has anyone done back painted glass? And any rough estimate of $/sq foot?

Cabinetry will be wood, and likely a wood surround for the master tub.

Thoughts? TIA

Forum pics · Más información

Comentarios (12)

• just_janni
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Cool - there is a local glass company that is a dream walls partner! I will be making an appointment with them since I need a reasonable amount of glass.....

• User
    hace 6 años

Glass against a not perfectly flat surface can and will crack. There’s enough tales of woe about that for backsplashes.

just_janni agradeció a User
  • just_janni
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

We're probably flatter and more dimensionally stable than most 2x4 type construction - but certainly something to be aware of. I could do glass tile, but I am really trying to minimize any seams / grout - thus the prior discussion of the large format sintered / porcelain material. Maybe Corian is the answer.

• palimpsest
    hace 6 años

Avonite has some light and medium solid blues.

• PRO
    Creative Ceramic & Marble/ Bill Vincent
    hace 6 años

I just had a customer ask me about it. She wanted to use a 3x10 glass tile in a brick joint to do a shower for her daughter. my first question was how fastideous was she about cleaning? Because with the bright gloss of the clear glass, it's going to show off each and every water drop left behind. For a deco band, it's not bad to take care of. But for a whole shower? Only if you're planning on hiring a cleaning service. and even then, it will have to be a well paid cleaning service!

• just_janni
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks, pal, for the Avonite idea. Colors may be close but not perfect.

In best whiny voice - Why can someone make the exact color I want?!?!

As for the glass - it can’t be any worse than those 2 giant clear glass walls right?
  • palimpsest
    hace 6 años

You can get Corian that is sold internationally with additional lead time. I don't know about minimums.

They have some much better colors of Corian and Formica in foreign markets than they do here.

just_janni agradeció a palimpsest
  • just_janni
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hmmmm..... some of those blues are pretty close and show only the necessity of ordering - but with standard lead time. (Over to Kitchens to ask Joseph.... things like - can they "cove" the corner and put the seam elsewhere for a truly seamless look!)

• palimpsest
    hace 6 años

The answer to coving is yes.

just_janni agradeció a palimpsest
  • just_janni
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

This sounds like a PLAN!!!!

• PRO
    Specialty Architectural Products, LLC
    hace 5 años

I have placed backpainted glass in University Dorms.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.