Houzz Logo Print
really442

Exterior stucco paint color HELP

Michelle
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I will use Sherwin williams paint. I have tried several color choices and when I test it on the house it looks terrible.

The blue is an Americana blue which I want to put on the front door. The other colors are Dusted truffle which I was going to use but it is too much red and sand dune which is way too light. The sand dune was to use as the base color and the darker color for the pop outs and garage door. These colors won't work but will give you an idea of what I am looking for,However I am open to most suggestions.

To sum it up

1. I need paint color scheme suggestions

2. Also which areas should I use as an accent color? Garage and pop outs? Trim around the windows? Should I use the darker for the base coat and lighter for an accent?

I live in the desert southwest Thank you!!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 6 años

I have no idea why you want the garage door to pop it should disappear as much as possible, your entry should be the focal point. These are a couple of ideas neither one of which are the colors you chose but they give you ideas,

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I think you're headed in the wrong direction for colors. Your home IMO currently has too much color. I would select the color of the desert, see below. And add texture and interest with desert plantings.

I would suggest your garage doors look like wood and the front door also.

• Michelle
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you for your advice I appreciate it.
    In my neighborhood a developer came in and bought up a lot of empty lots. He is A very sought after builder. Most of his homes look like this which is why I was considering a darker garage door. I would be an odd man out with a lighter garage.
  • ptreckel
    hace 6 años
    A few things to note, referencing the developer’s model that you just posted. The trim around windows and garage is NOT lighter than the house body color. Keep them the same color. Also....a wooden garage door that matches your front door would make your home stand out from your neighbors....in a wonderful way! Suggestions about bringing color to the facade using your landscape are spot on. And consider a beautiful urn in a bright green or orange, for example, with plants beside your front door to bring attention to its beauty. Good luck! Your house is charming.
  • khrisz
    hace 6 años

I wanted very neutral tones. I settled on Sherwin-Williams Bittersweet Stem for the upper stucco, Dormer Brown for lower stucco and garage, and Lotus Pod for trim. My door, which you can't see in picture, was wood stained a deep walnut.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 6 años

Paint the window trim bronze........there are bronze paints. They are different than brown. Select colors that have less peach in the hue. More the color of sand.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

I like Beverly's choices.

you could also look at these shades

• Michelle
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Beverly thank you so much for the visual it really helps. I am feeling a bit more confident. Thank you everyone else for your input.
  • breezychild1
    hace 5 años

Beautiful job! Turned out great.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.