Houzz Logo Print
lorishopaholic

Has anyone done black interior windows with white trim?

hace 6 años

I have posted about the black windows interior/exterior a few times and we have decided to go for it. We are going with the Anderson 400's. Now on to the trim. We know we want white trim and I'm hoping someone has pictures of how their similar windows turned out. Did you do the extension jams in white? We are thinking that would look best but it's hard to picture. I would love to see and hear your ideas! Thanks

Comentarios (20)

• PRO
    hace 6 años

I did this in my kitchen. I really wanted to replace this window with a steel window but the cost was exorbitant. Since the old window (a 32 yr old Pella) had removable grids, I had the grids painted black. If I change my mind, I can always have it painted white again.

As much as I love the look of true black steel windows, I can't say I'm a big fan of the wannabe ones that have become so popular. Windows are expensive. They're expensive to buy, and they're very expensive (and a bother) to paint. I, personally, would never order black windows, indoors or outdoors, as this is a fad right now that is going to quickly date a house, and will be costly to remedy.

Just remember all those Palladian windows that sprung up in every subdivision in the country in the 80's - all now look very dated and date the house.

There are places to have fun with a trend, but they should be ones that are easily changed, not semi-permanent.

• hace 6 años

DLM2000- Beautiful! That is the exact look that I love! Thank you so much for the picture! What windows did you go with? Did they factory stain or was it done onsite?

• hace 6 años

I've got stained wood windows on the inside with painted trim and frame. It's a lovely look. I didn't do it, I like how it looks. It is a softer look than the black paint style.

Jeld-Wen sells a very nice vinyl window with real wood muntins that are both stainable or paintable. Whichever is you decision. If you can stain it or paint it, it's easy to change.

• hace 6 años

lori - thank you. Windows are Hurd/Sierra Pacific. I went back and forth about dark sash or all white. Got cold feet when it came time to order so we ordered them primed and if I remember right we couldn't get just a stained sash anyway, it was all or nothing. Sometime after we ordered I changed my mind AGAIN and we had them delete the priming. So they came in naked and were installed that way. DH removed every single sash in the house one wall at a time for stain and finish. I do NOT recommend doing it our way but in the end we were able to get the depth of stain we wanted which was not an option otherwise.

• hace 6 años

We have the exact windows you are thinking about purchasing. Andersen 400 casement and architect series. Do not have interior trim yet but we will have white trim. We did black extension jams as our walls are 2 x 6 and 2 x 8. Please don’t let anyone deter you from your vision for your home. The black is stunning. Let me know if you need more pictures.

• hace 5 años

leelanau9206.... we just used the same exact windows in our new house and cannot decide what to do on the inside for trim. What did you end up doing? Do you have pictures? Thanks!

• hace 5 años

I am also going with Black Andersen 400 series casement windows. I am going to be doing white extension jambs and trim. If you go that route I think it will be great. I have seen pics of the look and will try and track some down. Or will show you mine in 6 months :)

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Last week on a project we're completing shortly. Fleetwood dark bronze anodized (matches Tricorn Black) with Swiss Coffee walls (drywall return jambs for a contemporary look).

• hace 5 años

following, love the black window/trim, new build here for us,but hubby would not go for them,

• hace 5 años

Yes we ended up going with the black and I love it So much! We did the exterior doors black as well. I included a picture of that too!

• hace 5 años
    Black windows, black trim. We love it. Yes, the dust shows. Plus is that I see it and will dust more often.
  • hace 5 años

Ghatta...do you have any close up pics of where the wall meets the window?

• hace 5 años
    Lyle. Here’s one from the closet. Hope it helps. If not, I will take a close up for you tomorrow.
  • hace 5 años

that helps, thanks!

• hace 5 años

Vicki Payne of For Your Home TV show did black windows/white trim in her own home....very pretty. See a tour on that TV show' s website, click Watch, select season 29, then episode 2911.

• hace 5 años
    Following. We aren’t there yet but are considering doing black on interior and exterior during our renovation next year.
  • hace 5 años
    Yep, another one here with Anderson 400 casement windows - our trim is just going up, it will be white but it’s just primed so far. Personally I adore the contrast and everyone whose seen our house so far has loved it too!
  • hace 5 años

Looks nice, thanks!

• PRO
    hace 3 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

I'm not sure if anyone is following this post from 4 years ago... I have black casement windows in our new build and made a huge design error. I envisioned frameless windows for our house and ended up with windows framed so that the drywall gap requires casing. The look was supposed to be super modern... How do others feel about their black Anderson 400 series windows with white casing?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.