Houzz Logo Print
sgratton

Wall mounted 'hung' toilet : NOISE issue?

sgratton
hace 10 años
Our powder room is going to share a wall with the dining room. We are considering wall hung toilet. The plumbing is in the shared wall (wall between the dining room and bathroom). Is noise (toilet flush, etc. that could be heard in the dining room) a greater consideration with the wall mounted 'suspended' toilets compared to the standard floor toilet? Have read a lot on this style toilet but never seen thus question. Thanks!!

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 10 años
    Whether it was wall hung or in ground the sound of water flushing will likely be heard. In Europe wall hung toilets are common. We usually build using a product called Alba which are like plaster bricks - they dull the sound.
  • PRO
    Galileo Construction Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Bonjour, You can install some soundproof insulation between the shared wall.
  • felixgrantham
    hace 10 años
    Also, spray foam insulation around the pipes will help muffle & eliminate "rattling pipes" sound. My contract did this on our toilet which shares a wall with our bedroom & we cannot hear a thing. A piece of furniture such as a bookcase will also help deflect any noises.
  • PRO
    Pataya Flooring & Stone Supply, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Rock wool insulation or even fiberglass will do the same and is more effective at sound deadening than spray foam. This is proven over and over in industry publications. Another method is building a double wall. Sound transmission is noise traveling through a solid structure like 2 x 4 framing materials.
  • PRO
    Hudson Street Design
    hace 9 años
    I recommend insulation also. Please ask your contractor what he recommends. Some wall toilets are quieter than others.
  • PRO
    Cheryl DuCote Interior Architecture & Design
    hace 4 años

Geberit, who makes the in wall tanks sells an Acoustic Insulation Kit that retails fro about $15.00

• Ered Matthew
    hace 4 años

I am pleased to find the exact question I intended to ask. My follow-up query is: I am early in the design/layout phase and have the OPTION of installing the toilet on another wall that is not shared with a living space. Considering that nearly every response above recommends some sort of noise abatement material or technique, would it be simplest just to reconfigure the bathroom and thereby eliminate the issue altogether? Thank you.

• kjkirkpatrick
    hace 3 años

Do NOT get a wall hung toilet. There is a loud creak every time we sit on it that the whole house can hear. It is very embarrassing. Wish I could figure out a way to stop the noise!!!!!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.