Houzz Logo Print
nsc6

I don't understand, what is on the rt of the white door by fridge?

nsc6
hace 6 años
I see a fridge, then I see a door of an entrance, but right beside that, there is a white piece of something just before the wood slats begin. What is that?
Thx.
B House by Skiles Architect, PA in Fayetteville, Arkansas. · Más información

Comentarios (10)

• nsc6
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks! So what is the length dimension of that wall and how wide is that pantry? Thx.

• PRO
    Skiles Architect, PA
    hace 6 años

The overall kitchen size is 12.5' by 18.5' and the pantry is 42" wide. The design was geared to this site which was a very tight urban infill lot. Every inch was analyzed and studied for maximum efficiency given the project goals. The pantry is tight but a work horse with customized base counter and shelving.

• nsc6
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks. You are very skillful to fit the cooktop, fridge and a 42" pantry and a walkway on top of that. I am assuming that is all on the 18.5' wall.

but I don't see a stove or a microwave,.....???.....opposite the cooktop perhaps?

the pantry is white,...thought it would have been the same colour as the cabinets....but looks good! Perfection!

• PRO
    Skiles Architect, PA
    hace 6 años

thanks! stove is in the island facing cook top (wall oven) and counter micro can be in the pantry which has a base cabinet at end that matches the kitchen. home owner loves to cook and it works for their lifestyle. It is always fun to design a space for others that we would also love to inhabit!

• nsc6
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Question please......why do the upper cabinets not go all the way up to the ceiling? Was that to give a higher ceiling look?

Qestion please......noticed that the pantry not only was it in a different colour but also that goes all the way up to the ceiling, unlike the rest if the kitchen. Was that just a design thing too?

Thank you.

• PRO
    Skiles Architect, PA
    hace 6 años

not going to the ceiling helped with the horizontal lines we were emphasizing with the top hinge wall cabinet, and kept all the storage accessible without at step up, not sure about pantry door question (in our picture, it is the same white color and regular height)

• nsc6
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Sorry not being clear here.....the fridge appears to be lower than the pantry which is to the right of the fridge. The pantry is the white structure with the white door, no? If so, it looks like it goes up all the way to the ceiling......just wondering why it was done higher than the fridge....thx.

• PRO
    Skiles Architect, PA
    hace 6 años

The height of door is 6'-8" and stops short of ceiling. Painting it all the grey-white shade is also intended to not have the door or trim stand out. thanks for the interest!

• nsc6
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you. My brain was trying to understand your design in having the pantry 16" higher than fridge. As I had said before, it looks good...but I was trying to gasp why the pantry is not the same colour as rest of the cabinets. The white pantry looks almost like a closet you can walk in at the end of the wall.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.