Houzz Logo Print
controlit

I can use some window shade ideas and advice!

controlit
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I am mostly through a renovation of a condo in the Flatiron area of Manhattan.

Now the original window shades are sticking out like a sore thumb.

The original owner installed high quality verticals but they are looking dated and I want to replace them.

I rarely open them all the way as while the light we get is great, the view is mostly not great and we don't want to look out at our neighbors or have them looking at us!

I am leaning towards a modern clean look. The bedroom and living room windows are very wide, over 100 inches.

I can see some neighbors have put two blinds in each of the windows.

Not sure I want to do that or not.

I originally wanted horizontal blinds but they don't make them that wide and I am also concerned on how that might look. Yet horizontal blinds do offer the best way to control the light and i like that aspect a lot.

I also like the option to make the rooms fairly dark at times.

Here's some pictures and thank you in advance for reading!

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Nate Fischer Interiors
    hace 6 años

Unfortunately there are not really options that offer the versatility of vertical blinds, without that not-so-great look. I prefer curtains over any type of shade since they can be opened and closed in a second. A "solar shade" could also be a good option, as when they are closed, they still allow a tough of light to enter the room, and don't 100% block the view. Hope that helps!

• controlit
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you for the feedback Nate! I have to look closer at what neighbors have done for ideas..curtains or a combo are a possibility too!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.