Houzz Logo Print
patterson967

replacing worktops in kitchen

Mandy Patterson
hace 6 años

Have laminate worktops in kitchen which I would like to replace with granite, or quartz or some sort of man made composite, would also like a new sink but not sure if new worktops are possible as I want to retain the kitchem units.

Comentarios (3)

• tamp75
    hace 6 años
    I don’t see why you can’t replace the worktops as long as the units are sturdy enough to take the weight of quartz. The other option is to have your old worktops clad in a thin layer of quartz. http://www.kitchenfaceliftcompany.co.uk/worktop-overlays-and-kitchen-worktops.html
    This company offer this service as do others if you google ‘quartz worktop overlay’. I haven’t used them so just an example company rather than recommendation. Seems to be less disruptive than new worktops so might be worth looking into.
  • PRO
    Bristol Marble and Granite
    hace 6 años

Hi Mandy,

Most modern kitchen carcasses are strong enough to withstand the weight of natural granite or quartz. If there is doubt however, the stone installers should be able to suggest support (brackets etc).

Both granite and quartz lend themselves perfectly to under mounted with/ without grooves or top mounted sinks. The one piece of advice we give to all customers is to make sure that you see your slabs before you place the order, especially with natural material as they can vary dramatically in colour texture and tone.

I've attached a link to our stone selection for you to have a browse through, however, if there is anything else that we can help with please don't hesitate to let us know.

http://bristolmarbleandgranite.com/stone-range/

• PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    hace 6 años

Hello Mandy,

Worktops are our specialty, we may print even a marble texture on a glass so it looks like 1:1 marble. I have an idea, send me a picture of your current worktops. I will make a visualization to see how would your kitchen look like with any kind of texture, interested?

Below you can find Ice-cracked, laminated worktop.

We've made it for a Family House in Surbiton · Más información

We do splashbacks as well

We've made it for a Family House in Surbiton · Más información

Have the best day ever Mandy,

Erwin/sunstudio.london

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.