Houzz Logo Print
ecasta

Are ogee edges out of style now too?

ecasta
hace 6 años

I was wondering if ogee edges are out of favor now too. It seems as if almost everything is a flat edge.

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Astonia Stone Artisans
    hace 6 años

I still see them go out the door, but not near as much as an eased edge. Classic materials like a marble island with an ogee and perimeter in a simple color with eased edge is common here.

I think it also depends on your location :)

ecasta agradeció a Astonia Stone Artisans
  • johnsoro25
    hace 6 años

I think ogee is fussy and eased lets the counter be the star. I have only seen ogee on islands, and even then less often than 5 years ago.

ecasta agradeció a johnsoro25
  • mommyniki
    hace 6 años

When we went to the design center and were told to pick an edge for our granite I just picked the bullnose. I liked how it was round without a hard edge. We had a bullnose edge cultured marble counter in the bathroom of our last house and really liked it so I thought it would look good. When I was preparing to select my granite and looking at all kinds of pictures online, I noticed that everything was flat and I actually really liked it. I had to google specifically to find bullnose granite pictures and I didn't like them. I thought it looked dated and kind of cheap. I still think it looks good in a bathroom with a cultured marble counter, but not with granite. Thankfully I was able to switch. Look at pictures online. If you still really like the ogee and it's what you think is beautiful and will go with your space, then get it, especially if you don't plan on moving. I would say it also depends on what granite or marble you're getting. I think it can look really good on something like carrera but wouldn't look good on absolute black. They aren't the same style.

ecasta agradeció a mommyniki
  • PRO
    Rustic Elements Furniture
    hace 6 años

We fairly frequently will make a table with the ogee edge. It can be a bit more of the traditional look. It depends on what style you're going for.

• 2ManyDiversions
    hace 6 años

I agree with Cindy of Total Home, it depends on the overall look.

• Chessie
    hace 6 años

I don’t know if it’s out of style, but I certainly see less “fussy” looking edges being used more often now. Personally I never cared for the ogee edges, and was very happy that my fabricator offered a bookend type of edge. Much simpler and prettier in my opinion.

• 2ManyDiversions
    hace 6 años

I think it's the cutouts, bump outs, and curves that sometimes accompany an ogee edge I'm no longer fond of... I can see myself bumping my hip or catching a loose garment on those, particularly with an ogee edge. Moving around a bump out seems perturbing too.

Our reno has me a bit unnerved as we've got french (not country french as I once described) and old world furnishings throughout... currently our old kitchen is so disconnected from the rest of our home it's jarring. To move toward open concept (as is our newly planned layout) we need to keep some continuity without looking overly heavy - our home is not big, and I want to lighten things up but keep with the look I've grown to love, despite trends as they move forward - and backward. I've considered an ogee edge just for continuity, but we're a long way off from a final decision. Having said that, I prefer a nice bullnose, but again, there's the disconnect I'm concerned about. We'll see as we move forward with our reno...

ecasta agradeció a 2ManyDiversions
  • PRO
    SPRUCE
    hace 2 años

I agree that it depends on the overall style of the bathroom or kitchen where it’s being installed. I personally see much more Eased Edges nowadays. Clean, goes classic to modern & pretty much anything in between.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.