Houzz Logo Print
maggie_combs9

window coverings for French doors

hace 6 años
What kind of window covering would look the best for our French doors? Our neighbors will be close, so we have to have something. I love plantation shutters. Would those work?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    hace 6 años

Hi There,

French doors have lots of options but it really depends on the type of doors you have. Some doors are prefab and their warranty requires that you do not mount anything on the doors. In that case, I usually recommend a rod mounted over both doors with a "pair" of drapery panels that close in the middle and can be pulled back on either side of the door when not in use. If you have wood doors, you can usually mount drapery hardware called "sash rods" onto the doors themselves and use rod pocket drapery on each door. Hope that helps!

• PRO
    hace 6 años

Over French doors, we usually only cover the glass part of the window. Unless you really wanted side panels, I wouldn't recommend draperies.

Hunter Douglas shutters can be done on French doors. Depending on the door, they can do a square or curved cut out to accommodate the handle.

Other options would be wood blinds, honeycomb shades, Roman shades, etc. When you do a blind or shade on a door, we use hold down brackets to keep the treatment from swinging when the door is open and closed.

• hace 6 años

I have old wood French doors and I have bamboo shades on mine. My doors lead out to my patio though so I don't need complete privacy. Are yours wood or metal?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.