Houzz Logo Print
sugarcrash

Don't like changes to functionality in Houzz Ideabooks

sugarcrash
hace 6 años

Has anyone else noticed that in Houzz Ideabooks, you can no longer change the order of photos or move photos from one ideabook to another? And, if so, how do you feel about it? I hate it.

For example, If I'm exploring a front door color, I'll save several ideas to the same book (wood stain vs red paint). Then I group similar photos together so my spouse can fully see all the variations on the same choice (i.e., wood) before comparing that choice to another (i.e., paint).

Also, you can't move photos from one ideabook to another. So, photos I previously saved in an idea book for general exterior, I now want to move to a new ideabook about shutters. But can't.

I don't think it helps users to remove functionality. What do you think?

Comentarios (13)

• mindshift
    hace 6 años

I agree. You can add a photo from one Ideabook into another by clicking on the photo in the first Ideabook which opens it to full size. Then click on Save at the bottom, put it into a new Ideabook and Save.

But I could find no way to Delete the photo in the old book. It appears you have to place any photos you like into new Ideabooks, then delete the entire old Ideabook. Lots more work!

• gnfr
    hace 6 años

The changes are definitely a step backwards. It’s also extremely awkward, almost impossible, to add a comment post in an ideabook when accessed via the browser. Has anyone from Houzz actually tested usability?

• alexisp91
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I can't understand why they would remove these functions. I just submitted a request and hopefully will hear back. ETA: The first response was: "We removed those." Um...right..got that. I then wrote back to ask why--and the response was: "Our site engineers removed those." Still waiting on an actual WHY.

• hatetoshop
    hace 6 años

You can delete a photo from your idea book:

Place cursor over photo you want to delete. Click on the three small dots that appear in upper right-hand corner of photo. Click on the "delete" option. Then, click on "Remove".

• alexisp91
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I received this reply--it seems they listened to us, and several editing features are back. I've replied again to request the ability to choose cover photos also be restored : "We are unable to disclose the reasons for our site updates. However, we are happy to share that our Engineering Team has listened to the community's feedback and restored editing functionalities to ideabooks.
    To rearrange, move, and further edit ideabooks, click into the ideabook. Then click the "... More" button. This will open up a dropdown menu. Next, click the "Edit" button and you will be able to edit the ideabook content as before."

• berbice33
    hace 6 años
    Unfortunately, I can't see the ..More button in the ideabook. Perhaps the Android version is different from the web version?
  • hatetoshop
    hace 6 años

There is a "more" button -- click on a specific idea book. The more button is in the top right-hand side of that idea book.

• alexisp91
    hace 6 años

Yes. That is what I'm referring to, @hatetoshop. They *just* restored those functions.

• gtcircus
    hace 6 años
    Wish they would ask for user feedback before the make changes. I get so sick of posts from 2014 discussions, why don’t they start archiving by year. I also use to be able to post notes to friend and that function was also lost.
  • sugarcrash
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

You guys are the best. Thank you to the community for helping to get these features restored.

• PRO
    Maynard Design + Architecture
    hace 6 años

Wow! I can't believe it is back, thank you!!! That was incredibly fast!

• Emily H
    hace 6 años

Hi all, We are working on a new update to return those features, but our team was able to restore the ability to rearrange photos in the meantime, as you have discovered. We are listening and thank you for your feedback and patience on this one!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.