chrissyd1121

The butterflies were posing for me

Chrissy- zone6B/7A
hace 6 años

August 2017....

Comentarios (6)

• Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    hace 6 años

How beautiful! I am missing them and can't wait for Spring. It was 7 degrees here this morning. Worried about my plants that are kind of "Zone pushing", but have done well in the recent mild winters.

• PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    hace 6 años

Chrissy: what plants have you placed in your garden to attract pollinators?

• Chrissy- zone6B/7A
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

To make a long story short... My house burned down in April and moved into my boyfriend's house with an already established mod podge'd yard and garden. Rural area, plenty of property to add whatever I do desire, and plenty of randomly aquired and randomly placed plants in the obvious places (borders, around trees, raised beds, etc.). So what is already here I can take no credit for.

Until I moved in I had absolutely no interest in plants. Now I'm obsessed and already thinking ahead to beginning my dream landscaping design.

I don't even know the iD of everything yet and I'm not sure what is considered to "attract pollinators". Hell I don't even know exactly who the pollinators are!! but here's my observations...

The butterfly bush (obviously) and they're just so beautiful and easy here in NJ and they smell so good. I want at least one more in a different color.

There are two types of bees that we have lots of and I believe I identified them correctly as Carpenter and Bumble. They can't get enough of the Autumn Joy Sedum. They also enjoyed the hibiscus. Tropical more so than the shrubs we have.

My first experience with both the plant and the insect but I fell in love with the MoonFlower Vine. I wish they could last up here but I think I will have one every year for the rest of my life haha. but the hummingbird moths loved that and the petunias.

No hummingbirds at all this year!!! Not one. Bummer. I even put out nectar and everything.

And the last I can think of is the Montauk daisies. Anything with wings seems to swarm them. They've got to be moved bc they're right next to the front steps and they smell and swarm and look nasty from the middle down. Ugh. Lots to do!!

Anything I should know? Suggestions?

I want to have a cutting garden next year

I have plenty of property, I think in going to have to plop something in the middle of the yard and then create a walkway so I can add more and help it flow well... If that makes sense? I need places to put more plants but I don't want to just set them in the middle of the lawn or on the other side of the lawn against the fence to the cow pasture an acre away.

• docmom_gw
    hace 6 años

Plant milkweed.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    hace 6 años

docmom_gw(5) "Plant milkweed."

Where do we get he seed?

• PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    hace 6 años

alberto

There are a wealth of seed and seedling suppliers waiting to serve you.

Here are a few that have been seeking my order lately:

prairienursery.com

pizzogroup.com

izelplants.com

parkseed.com

brighterblooms.com

and nursery.anonymous@gmail.com who have larger material as well.

Happy hunting, in a year you will be pollinator heaven.

Enjoy the beauty of native plants and doing good work for wildlife.

Joe Cascio

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.