Houzz Logo Print
mc5555

Number of small pendants required for a 78" x 65" kitchen island

mc5555
hace 6 años

We are renovating our kitchen. We have 2 islands (one for cooking, one for eating). We have lots of pot lights so the lighting fixture is for decor, not for lighting. The cooking island has a hood fan so we are only doing fixtures on the eating island. The fixtures will run on the 6.5 ft length. The pendants we have chosen are small (2.25 inches wide and 15.3 inches tall). We would like to stagger the lengths for interest. We have 9 ft ceilings. It is an open concept house so I want the number of pendants to be appropriate for the space (sufficient number). I have the following questions:

- How many pendants do we need?

- Should they be an uneven number from a design perspective?

- How far apart should they be (based on what I have read, it would be 78 less 12, and then divide by the number of pendants for even spacing). Is this correct?

- There are always trends. I notice in decor shows, magazines, and online that the trend is pendants. Is this a temporary trend? Should we go with a large fixture above the island so it doesn't feel dated in a few years?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Comentarios (4)

• mc5555
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I should have also asked if we can make these small pendants work in the space that is approximately 400 sq ft.

• PRO
    PF Design Studio
    hace 6 años
    You can totally make this work! Pendants are such a cool and usually inexpensive way to build a lot of interest in your kitchen. Most islands we try to go for three pendants when they are bigger however because you are wanting to do them at different heights (which is a really interesting idea) and they are quite skinny, we suggest doing 5. Go long-short-long-short-long.

Post a photo when it's done, would love to see how it turned out! Good luck :D
    mc5555 agradeció a PF Design Studio
  • mc5555
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks Paul's Floors Ltd. Do you think 5 will be enough?

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

This idea sounds great and totally on trend for creating a modern kitchen. Something that might be interesting is doing a five-point or seven-point ceiling rose with hooks to drape the fabric cable to create a focal point with the light bulbs hanging at different points. Using ceiling hooks will allow you to spread the lights across the width of the kitchen counter.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.