Houzz Logo Print
victor_hoffman

Small B&W Kitchen - Open Shelving vs Cabinets ideas?

Victor Hoffman
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I am in the final project portion of my DIY (mostly) kitchen remodel. Pretty stoked on how things have come out so far. Ideas have have changed as different elements come into place. I am currently stuck on what to do on the sink side of the kitchen. The stove side is complete.

1) Subway tile wall with open shelving? (Original plan) My concerns are that subway tile may be to "traditional" and clash with the stove backsplash? larger or stacked subway instead of staggard maybe?

2) Black matte cabinets with glass doors (thinking chicken wire safety glass inserts)? If so maybe a more solid backsplash

3) Light wood or white cabinet instead of matching black matte?

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    room2improve
    hace 6 años

Congrats. You have done a beautiful job so far. We consult on about 30 to 50 kitchens a year. Nice to see one as fun as this. Couple of points. Love the backsplash behind the stove. But any grease pops will hit the wall on either side. What if you do the white subway on either side of the backsplash you have and also on the sink side. It could be beautiful and functional. And since the tiles you have now are aligned, we would do the subway in a running pattern. (staggered) Love the visual idea of open shelving, if its fits your style and needs. And would love to see a little wood brought on to add a touch of warmth. Just look at the bit of warm color in the door mat, and imagine some of that warmth on the walls. And as far as the subway tile, it is totally fine to mix in a bit of traditional with the more contemporary pieces. This keeps the space eclectic and fresh, as well as more unique. Great job so far.

Victor Hoffman agradeció a room2improve
  • palimpsest
    hace 6 años

If you need the storage I would probably do white wall cabinets on the sink wall. If you don't I would probably not do anything else on the sink wall. I would extend the current tile on the range wall to the refrigerator and the corner, but it looks fine as it is.

I don't think I would do open shelves. It's very clean looking and I think it should stay so. No microwave?

Victor Hoffman agradeció a palimpsest
  • Victor Hoffman
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

would a thin dark grey or black grout line be ok with the subway tile?

• Victor Hoffman
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Microwave is on a pull out shelf in pantry to the left of fridge. Used minimally for warming up stuff mostly so it works for me. Didn't want one of those hood microwaves and didn't care for having it on the counter top. Right now the storage is fine so hiding it in a cabinet has worked out nice for my situation.

• PRO
    Dan Davis Design
    hace 6 años
    Since your Moroccan inspired tile is so black and white and graphic I would stay away from contrast grout. Go simple and let what you have done be the dramatic impact.
    Victor Hoffman agradeció a Dan Davis Design
  • Anna S
    hace 6 años
    Agree on open shelves in a beautiful wood and on tiling on the sides of patterned tiles over the stove.

I'm not a big fan of subway tile but here it would work.
    Victor Hoffman agradeció a Anna S
  • lisaam
    hace 6 años

How nice (uniform ) is the stuff that you would put in glass front cabs? If it's not gonna be as pretty as the images you see, then white modern, euro-style cabs might be a better choice.

• Victor Hoffman
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I’m good with what I might display being uniform or nice. So really the open vs cabinet from that standpoint isn’t an issue. It more about keeping a small galley kitchen open and doing a nice job on the look of it all.
  • PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    hace 6 años

Subway tile with open shelving might look very nice.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.