Houzz Logo Print
madlil

Need advice on engineered flooring quality

madlil
hace 6 años
Hello, I am looking at installing engineered HW floor in my home and have looked at Shaw Epic and Chesapeake flooring. I am nervous about the quality and longevity of these types of floors and would like to hear from you if you have any experience with them. Thank you.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    hace 6 años

Longevity depends largely on care and the type of household. I know some that have original engineered floors from the 90's. Mannington is an example. Dull styles back then. Both products mentioned are mid range price/quality products. Full service flooring store stuff, or ones that handle everything.

• PRO
    Shaw Floors
    hace 6 años

Hi @madlil, we completely understand concerns going into a decision as big as floor selection. As the manufacturers, we would love to tell you a little about our EPIC Plus collection. Epic Plus is different than most plywood core engineered hardwood in that the core is called Stabilitek and is an enhanced high-density fiberboard type of core that doesn't use any plywood. The Stabilitek core in Epic Plus is more stable than traditional engineered hardwoods and is more resistant to things such as moisture. In addition, Stabilitek uses less newly harvested wood.

We offer several styles within the EPIC Plus Collection featuring three species: Hickory, Maple and Oak. We would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have!

• NTK
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hi , I am looking for accurate pictures for symphonic red oak natural and butterscotch . Can anyone paste image of their flooring .

thanks !

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    hace 5 años

Not only that but lighting differences. That's the biggie! Video not embedded because Houzz only allows it to start at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/C8CroJ8b_2I?t=1m8s

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 5 años

millworkman, is correct. Pictures are good to give you a general idea of color and what the character of the floor will look like. To judge actual on site color its best to get several samples to look at in the home with the actual lighting the floors will be under every day.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.